Been gone for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone for a while

I don't know if y'all have noticed or not, but I've been kinda absent for the last couple o months. Part of it is the holidays, headin home on leave and arguing with family part of it is just laziness. We've been struggling to get bills under control as well so we can have interweb at home instead of having to hit the base library to get online. That should happen fairly soon (thank you income tax refunds!) Last wednesday I had Cortisone (steroid) injections into two different discs in my spine, I have a herniated disc that's intermittently putting pressure on nerves. I'm doing pretty well right now, just kinda taking things easy and making sure not to aggrivate things. It occured to me the other day that I hadn't been on here in FAR too long, so this is my "Hi, how the He!! are you? Ain't seen you in forever" message.
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Good to have you back!
    Have a nice day and ride safe
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I was wondering what happened. Was going to call you later to day as a matter of fact to make sure you didn't get orders to go to Tahiti or the south of France or some really harsh place like that.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Nope. Not lucky enough for tahiti, though i do have a friend who's going to Kunsan South Korea fairly soon. Hey are any of our kansas guys going to the big bike show here in Wichita at the end of February?
        1980 XS11SG

Comment

Welcome Back

I hope the herniated disks don't keep you from riding, and you recuperate quickly. God luck brother.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Welcome back to the XS fold! Glad to hear things may be looking up!
            Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hey there big dick! i would not wish back problems on anyone. I hurt my back and now i have bulging disc in my L4, L5 and had steroids shots in my back recently .....and im 20 glad to see you back and hope the best for you!
              Austin Ingalls

MIDNIGHT FURY
              1979 XS1100 Special [Full Restore Project]
              XJ maxim rear air shocks
              KERKER 4-into-1 exhaust
              Pod Filters

Money pit.......
              BLACKED OUT

Comment

L4/5 Problems

Have been living with that pain source for 30+ years. Best relief I have EVER found is an "Inversion Bench". Where you clamp ankles and hang at about 30/45 degrees head down. Bought one about 16 years ago, what it has saved me in Chiropractors fees, Doctors fees and time not lost from enjoying life is incredible. Lowered pain killer consumption to almost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by cueball View Post
                  ...Best relief I have EVER found is an "Inversion Bench"
                  Used one of those for back pain three days a week at my local gym for 5 years, before I broke my leg. Absolutely amazing thing. Been on pain relief for the last year so havent needed it, but once the leg is fixed properly next month I'll definately be using it again.
                  1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                  2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
                    Used one of those for back pain three days a week at my local gym for 5 years, before I broke my leg. Absolutely amazing thing. Been on pain relief for the last year so havent needed it, but once the leg is fixed properly next month I'll definately be using it again.
                    wow, you guys are the third person i've heard recommend inversion tables. definitely going to check deeper into them now.
                    1980 XS11SG

Comment

Working...
                    X