Do not watch if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not watch if...

Your uncomfortable with tears streaming down your cheeks...

Watch this and you will see some one with a good talent better some of the others you see on tv.

This video shows the winner of "Ukraine’s Got Talent", Kseniya Simonova, 24, drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II. Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about £75,000.

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

It is replaced by a woman’s face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman’s face appears.

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying goodbye.

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine, resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.

Kseniya Simonova says:

"I find it difficult enough to create art using paper and pencils or paintbrushes, but using sand and fingers is beyond me. The art, especially when the war is used as the subject matter, even brings some audience members to tears. And there’s surely no bigger compliment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vOhf3OvRXKg
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

We were warned

Wow, don't know what to say...
    I also don't know about art but that was moving on a lot of different levels. The talent, the story,the audience envolvement, the unique medium.
    I'll leave it to someone more eloquent to describe.
    Rick
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Excellent

Google for Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

Comment

I must be a cold hearted bastard, cause it really didn't move me, let alone to tears.

Sorry.

Good artistry though, and I like the idea of art in motion like that. Now, if we could pitch in and get that gal and XS11....
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

She is very good!

Admiration was the emotion I felt.
          '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
          Original except:
          120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
          4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
          Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
          All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
          Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Beautiful as well!

Not only talented but beautiful as well!!
            78 XS1100E Standard
            Coca Cola Red
            Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Very talented and very beautiful.

I enjoyed it and my two young daughters were fascinated.

Thanks Craz

Comment

It wasn't so much the story that moved me as the sheer talent.

How many master painters had to redo thier masterpieces several times, while she does it, in real time, in sand!

I couldn't believe the shading she can do and she used both hands...

'05 ST1300

Comment

Everyone missed the instrumental Metallica song Nothing Else Matters in there! We corrupt the world one song at a time!!!!
                  http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                    Everyone missed the instrumental Metallica song Nothing Else Matters in there! We corrupt the world one song at a time!!!!
                    Hmmmmm.... guess we were to busy watching the VIDEO!!!!

Comment

Someone sent me a link to this a few weeks ago, but I didnt get the story until now. Thanks Craz, I knew she was telling a story, I just didnt figure out what it was.

Someone should show that to Simon Cowell, he still thinks Susan Boyle has talent.
                      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

"Everyone missed the instrumental Metallica song Nothing Else Matters in there! We corrupt the world one song at a time!!!!"

Didn't miss it, just didn't think it was odd.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Very nice vid.
                          1978 XS1100
                          "Of all the adversaries I have faced, I was the worst."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
                            Didn't miss it, just didn't think it was odd.
                            I thought the whole thing was odd, except for the one thing that sounded normal.
                            http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Sorry,I wasn't moved but I do admire the young ladies talent.I have very little appreciation for art.I think that's my loss,I wish I could understand the creativity and passion that others have for the arts.But I just can't make it work for me.

Terry
                              1980 special (Phyllis)
                              1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Working...
                              X