Hey Sandy Eggo area members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sandy Eggo area members!

Were any of you living there in the late 70's-early 80's? Ever hear of a local band called Bratz? They are Private Domain now. I was a big fan of theirs back then, when I was in the Navy at NAS North Island, Coronado, and I had their first LP, but I had left it in my car and it melted. Well, a few weeks ago I was able to find their website, and I asked if there were any copies of their first LP still available. I used to go see them every chance I had. I saw them many, many times in a bar called the Baccanal out near Miramar, a place in PB called Moms Saloon, and the Distillery in Encinitas. Well, after some time, Jack Butler, the bass player finally wrote back and said there were none available. Bummer. Well, Wildkat had contacted him shortly after I did, and come to find out there were still some NOS LPs left over from 30 years ago. Her and Jack katcocted (concocted) this plan to make me think there were no LPs left, but he actually had a few left, in the original plastic wrap, in his garage. Well, you can only imagine my surprise this morning when I opened one of my gifts and inside was was an NOS copy of their first and second LP's, some pics of the band, and two CD's that Jack had personnally recorded for me. That was so cool of him to do. Let me tell you, he and WK made this one of the Christmas' ever by doing that for me. She has to be the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks Baby, ILU.

That's Kat kool John!!

Merry Kristmas.

I'd like to hear it sometime. K?

Comment

Fantastic Christmas!
      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

John,

That's one you will remember for a LONG time.

Gifts that come with that much thought and love really are priceless.

I wonder how many people got a gift certificate from the Home Shopping Network?

Well done KAT.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

Rodger & Deb
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

sorry

Kat had sent me a message about it but I was unable to find any
          91 kwaka kz1000p
          Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            She has to be the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks Baby, ILU.
            Ahhhhhhhh... the brainwashing worked...
            lol

ILU2 MLH
            YLW

Originally posted by garthxs View Post
            Kat had sent me a message about it but I was unable to find any
            Thank you Garth... I appreciate the effort...
            It couldn't have worked out any better than it did...

The music is really good and John's reaction when he opened the gift was priceless...
            Major thanks to the band member who was so incredibly helpful!
            If anyone is in the San Diego area and looking for a band to listen to (because I know there's an incredible lack of entertainment there... ahem... lol)
            Private Domain would probably be a decent one to check out...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

What a cool gift!!! (I got a towel).

I did live in San D in late 79, 80, to early 81. Never went to any bars tho. 1st job was at a tire warehouse by Miramar. Used to watch the F14's as they took-off. Now 30 years later I find myself back there alot as a truck driver, watching F18's now. (I'll be in San D on Mon and Tue for deliveries).

Glad you got a decent surprise preasant.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
              X