cars are coffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars are coffins

so yesterday on my way to work, I GOT HIT. the ******* kept going and even though there was a full intersection/ street, no one saw anything... ONLY IN LA.
    i was able to right the bike and push off the side of road, traffic kept going like nothing happened. Im lucky to be alive. so after 30min of me getting calmed down i limped the bike home, where my family rushed me to the ER. after several xrays , turned out nothing is broken. Severely bruised my tailbone, bit of whiplash, and had my foot peg cut straight through my brand new icon feild armor chucca boots. so im waiting to get better then i need to start saving $ to fix my bike. I WILL RIDE AGAIN. too bad im a broke ass student(could only afford liability on the bike) . so the bike started up , mad a funny tinging noise when i drove home. , will post pics soon. So will need help getting used parts for cheap as possible and help fixxing it.
    What you need to do is be thankful for the life you got. Stop looking at what you dont have and start being thankful for what you do have.

82 XJ 1100

That sucks man. Take it easy on that tail bone. I ignored my bruised one and wound up going back for surgery. Hope your bike is not beat up too badly, and you can get back on the road soon.

Joe
    Joe

78XS1100

Comment

get better soon! that does suck man, but it sounds like you have the right attitude! when you are better, you'll get your bike back up and running and life will be all good!!
      1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

thanks all
        What you need to do is be thankful for the life you got. Stop looking at what you dont have and start being thankful for what you do have.

82 XJ 1100

Comment

If it was commute time that person is probably a creature a habit.
          While you are recovering you should watch that intersection. He will be back through there. Unless they are a shopper.

What parts are you needing to get the XJ running straight again. I'll keep my eyes open.

Glad you aren't too busted up.

Rodger
          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

A bad day in LA!

The only time I was there I was in a 14 wheeler. Traffic was scary even in that. Got lost in Watts at 3am, that was even scarier.

Sounds like you'll be OK aside from a bruised butt and pride.

Let us know what you need for your bike and, I at least, will see what I can help with. I don't have a lot of extra stuff, especially for an XJ, but maybe something.

Comment

This is why everyone should carry a 44 mag. If they hit and run, then they won't run far.

I am just really glad you are OK. Parts is parts, unless they be your parts. Pain is not a good companion. I got hit on 6-13, and am now just getting off the pain killers, occasionally. Be happy.

What does the scoot need, or have you gotten that far?
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

parts needed so far:

headlamp assembly
                right side front blinker
                right side rear blinker
                *crank case(i think) is scratched up and small crack, no leaks
                spark plug"cap"? is busted
                tank is scratched up
                frame guard? where crz pegs mount on it smashed into exhaust pipe.
                right side mirror

bike starts and runs, makes a weird ass "ping" noise

82 XJ 1100

Comment

Originally posted by tbcfreerider View Post
                  parts needed so far:

headlamp assembly
                  right side front blinker
                  right side rear blinker
                  *crank case(i think) is scratched up and small crack, no leaks
                  spark plug"cap"? is busted
                  tank is scratched up
                  frame guard? where crz pegs mount on it smashed into exhaust pipe.
                  right side mirror

bike starts and runs, makes a weird ass "ping" noise
                  I've Got both side covers, if an SG is the same as an XJ. They have both been repaired and powder coated in a kinda purple metal flake sh*t and ugly as hell but functional I think. Bought them off ebay for the other parts that came with them.

I have a whole set of old plug caps I took off my XS when I replaced them.

All yours if you want them.

Best I can do bro'.

Comment

thanks, i will get pics up tomorrow, for you all to see. im curious how hard it is to replace a crank case cover?

82 XJ 1100

Comment

I am certain that XJ side covers are just about nothing like SG side covers. The XJ frame is an entirely different beast from an XS frame. IIRC, only the drivetrain components are direct swaps. Even then, the electrical components are different. It may be that some other pieces are easily made to work though. I have not owned an XJ so I do not know.

As to the crank case cover, since everything else your looking at is the right side, it would most likely be the alternator cover. That being the case, it is also a possible canidate for the noise your hearing.
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by tbcfreerider View Post
                        thanks, i will get pics up tomorrow, for you all to see. im curious how hard it is to replace a crank case cover?
                        Either of the case covers on the side just unbolt from the periphery. The left one covers the advance mechanism, and the right side the alternator. 4 bolts on the left 6 on the right.

I think the right XJ cover is different since they used a brushed alternator in stead of brushless. The left is different since the XJ didn't use the vacuum advance.
                        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

SOME PICS.

82 XJ 1100

Comment

for some reason the pics arent showing:
                            http://img683.imageshack.us/g/dsc5974.jpg/

82 XJ 1100

Comment

Johnny

Open an account with photobucket and upload your pics to there.

Then in your photobucket album place you cursor on the pic you want.

A drop down will appear.

Place your cursor on the BOTTOM choice. (IMG) and left click to highlight.

Then right click and COPY.

Go to 11.COM to your post and click where you want it. Then right click for the paste option. Choose it.

It will only appear as a URL until you preview or submit the message.

Also you must have a subject and some type of message in the message box containing at least 10 charicters.

smileys work too.

I hope I explained that so you can understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X