No announcement yet.

Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have any car or motorcycle regrets yet since I have a few of what I want right now. But ex-girlfriends are a different story.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Selling my 1956 F100. My 1st vehicle. My brother gave it to me. I was in the middle of an engine swap (from 223 6-banger to a 292 V8) and needed running transportation immediately.
      Selling my 1978 Honda Hawk. Learned to road race on this bike. My only transportation for 7 years besides racing it. Rode it several times from Phoenix, AZ to Modesto, CA (via San Diego).... nearly an ironbutt each way.
      Relationship-wise.... I do have regrets
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

My regret list is a bit shorter:57 chevy pickup(Corvett 327 and Muncie m21)and my 79 RD 400 Daytona special.I also regret marrying my 1st wife.To this day she still finds ways to make me miserable.
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

"72 Norton. Oil line blew, fried engine. Traded it for a new 750SF Laverda, man that rig was a slug. Traded the 750 for a 1000 Jota. Way to hyper for a daily driver. Should kept the Norton and fixed it. Hodaka Super Rat, stolen. "75 DT400B, sold it when I had my hip replaced, too big a "risk" As for cars, my long time regret was my "70, 440 Roadrunner, Air Grabber hood (functioning), factory AC (functioning) or maybe the "70, 340, 4sp Duster. Still have my '75 Power Wagon I bought new, almost sold it a couple but backed out each time. Trusty XS still here, though not bought new, its been around the longest with the exception of the truck.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

+-= Argh-h-h-h!

Back in the late ‘70’s I acquired a Triumph 500 twin, late 60’s vintage: probably among the last made. It was a swap in lieu of payment ( from a client) deal. It was a collectible bike even then. Only problem: frozen engine! I took it to a marginally legal biker mechanic who just happened to have a similar bike with a good engine, but had T boned a cage and had a screwed up the front end. A marriage made in heaven, right?
            The swap was made, but the engine just never ran right. I wanted to keep that bike, so I took it to several bike shops to get it straightened out.These were people who were supposed to really know about bikes. I finally gave up. I sold it to someone for way less than it was worth.
            The buyer took it home and swapped the wires on the coil and it ran like a top. Man was I pissed!
            Special Ed
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
            X