Calendar 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar 2011

Yeah... I know... but I also know how much life got in the way of me doing what I wanted to with the 2010 set...
    SO...

Anyone who wants their bike in the 2011 calendar...
    This is what I'm looking for...
    1. No people
    2. No luggage, gloves, helmets, etc bike(s) only, please
    3. Nice scenery
    4. High resolution
    5. Please remove the date/ time stamp before submitting
    6. Please submit your pics by September 2010

(addendum - I realize that some pics, when taken on the road, may have to include luggage... just make it as tasteful as possible, please)
    It has also been suggested that a calendar be made for those who have more than 1 XS/ XJ... so shine up the fleet and send a pic, please

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Wildkat; 12-13-2009, 08:54 AM.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Hey hon,

Might I suggest you make this a sticky so us challenged people don't have to search for it?

Maybe this year I'll get a real camera instead of using my phone.

Comment

he called me Hon

lol

Yeah... I'll make it sticky after the current calendar thread has had a little more time up there... I hate taking up a bunch of space...

I guess I could edit the current calendar sticky and add this post as an addendum...
      Good idea!
      Thanks
      No... thank you

Whoa! a REAL camera?

Actually, considering your entry was taken with a camera phone... it still looked pretty good...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by wildkat View Post
        good idea!
        Thanks
        no... Thank you
        oh no .... Thank you!

Originally posted by wildkat View Post
        whoa! A real camera?

Actually, considering your entry was taken with a camera phone... It still looked pretty good...
        I thought the slight bluriness of the surroundings brought more focus on the bike. Didn't plan it that way it just happened.

Thanks HON!

Comment

Blurriness?
          Whew!
          I thought I'd either had too much to drink or I was just getting too old...

(and Pup, you'd better not say a WORD)
          lol
          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

A word

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
            Noun 1. blurriness - the quality of being indistinct and without sharp outlines
            fuzziness, indistinctness, fogginess, softness
            opaqueness, opacity - the quality of being opaque to a degree; the degree to which something reduces the passage of light
            dimness, faintness - the quality of being dim or lacking contrast
            vagueness - indistinctness of shape or character; "the scene had the swirling vagueness of a painting by Turner"

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

Comment

lol
              I wasn't questioning the word, I was questioning the cause of the blurriness but after that response... I'm questioning EVERYthing...
              lol

Okay... back to the eggnog...
              lol
              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Heh-heh now I'll make you CROSS EYED

Eggnog
                From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Jump to: navigation, search
                This article is about the milk-based beverage. For the Melvins album, see Eggnog (album).

A carton and a glass of eggnog from Montreal, called by its French name lait de poule (literally "hen's milk").Eggnog is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg; alcoholic versions also exist with the addition of various liquors, such as brandy, rum, whiskey and/or advocaat.

Eggnog is a popular drink throughout the United States, Canada and Luxembourg and is usually associated with winter celebrations such as Christmas and New Year. Commercially, non-alcoholic eggnog is available around Christmas time and during the winter.

Contents [hide]
                1 History
                2 Ingredients
                3 Significance
                4 See also
                5 External links
                6 References

[edit] History
                The origins, etymology, and even the ingredients used to make the original eggnog drink are debated. Eggnog, or a very similar drink, may have originated in East Anglia, England, though it may also have been developed from posset (a medieval European beverage made with hot milk). An article[1] by Nanna Rögnvaldsdóttir, an Icelandic food expert, states that the drink adopted the "nog" part of its name from the word "noggin", a Middle English term used to describe a small, wooden, carved mug used to serve alcohol. Another name for this British drink was Egg Flip. Yet another story is that the term derived from the name "egg-and-grog", a common Colonial term used to describe rum. Eventually the term was shortened to "egg'n'grog", then "eggnog".[2]

The ingredients for the drink were too expensive and uncommon for the lower classes, but it was popular among the aristocracy. "You have to remember, the average Londoner rarely saw a glass of milk," says author and historian James Humes (To Humes It May Concern, July 1997). "There was no refrigeration, and the farms belonged to the big estates. Those who could get milk and eggs to make eggnog mixed it with brandy or Madeira or even sherry."[3]

The drink crossed the Atlantic to the English colonies during the 18th century. Since brandy and wine were heavily taxed, rum from the Triangular Trade with the Caribbean was a cost-effective substitute. The inexpensive liquor coupled with plentiful farm and dairy products helped the drink become very popular in America.[4] When the supply of rum to the newly-founded United States was reduced as a consequence of the American Revolutionary War, Americans turned to indigenous whiskey—and eventually bourbon in particular—as a substitute.

[edit] Ingredients
                Modern eggnog typically consists of milk, sugar, nutmeg, and eggs. Frequently cream is substituted for some portion of the milk to make a much richer drink. Some eggnogs add gelatin. Toppings may include vanilla ice cream, meringue, or whipped cream.

Eggnog can be produced from homemade recipes, however ready-made eggnog containing alcohol and "just-add-alcohol" versions are available for purchase. Whiskey, rum, brandy, or cognac are often added. Since the 1960s, eggnog has often been served cold and without alcohol, both of which are significant departures from its historical origins. Lowfat eggnog is commercially available or it may be prepared in the home using skimmed or lowfat milk.[5] In North America, a few soymilk manufacturers, including the widely available brand Silk, offer seasonally-available, soy-based alternatives for vegans and those with dairy or milk allergies. The rice milk company Rice Dream also makes a rice nog. Eggnog may be added as a flavouring to food or drinks such as coffee and tea. Eggnog-flavoured ice cream, for example, is a seasonal product in the United States and Canada.

[edit] Significance
                Eggnog is typically served as a Christmas drink or during New Year's Eve in the United States, Canada and Luxembourg. Thanksgiving (late November) falls at the beginning of the season in which eggnog is typically consumed, but the product begins appearing in stores around Halloween and can be found in a small handful of stores year-round. Historically it has been a winter beverage not specifically associated with any holiday.

Comment

LOL.. Harry (Bigfoot) was telling us yesterday about a client that gave him a couple containers of eggnog. He was driving down the road, a bit hungry and decided to just drink one of the cartons of eggnog. He said he downed it, then looked at the nutrition list and thought "OMFG!! I just drank 2000 calories!!" lol.

Hmmm... 2K calories. Hey, I know... let's add some high calorie BOOZE to it now! lol.

And one wonders why they get fat around the holidays...

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Geez Greg!

All of that info and no recipe?

What up wit dat?
                    lol

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                      Geez Greg!

All of that info and no recipe?

What up wit dat?
                      lol

Here ya go hon,

http://www.eggnogrecipe.net/

Comment

lol
                        Egg-salent!
                        and at the bottom of that link is this little ditty...

An Eggnog Poem
                        If you see a fat man, who's jolly and cute, wearing a beard and a red flannel suit;

And if he is chuckling and laughing away, while flying around in a miniature sleigh;

With eight tiny reindeer to pull him along;

Then - let's face it - Your eggnog's too strong!!

(Author unknown)
                        81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

If you see a fat man, who's jolly and cute, wearing a beard and a red flannel suit;

And if he is chuckling and laughing away, while flying around in a miniature sleigh;

With eight tiny reindeer to pull him along;

Then - let's face it - Your eggnog's too strong!!
                          I guess you CAN relate!

Happy Hollidays to you and yours!!!

Comment

so do you want a pink 11 special for the cover? (wish i were kidding) still can't bring myself to post a pic but i am going to paint the tank soon, so maybe then i can put up some pics. i took a look at the calenders from last year and they all look amazing, you do excellent work putting it all together!!!
                            1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Originally posted by 1st bike View Post
                              so do you want a pink 11 special for the cover? (wish i were kidding) still can't bring myself to post a pic but i am going to paint the tank soon, so maybe then i can put up some pics. i took a look at the calenders from last year and they all look amazing, you do excellent work putting it all together!!!
                              C'mon man!!!!!! If for nothing else for posterity.

YOU MIGHT MAKE THE COVER!

Comment

Working...
                              X