Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kat

Hey Kat,
    Thanks a Ton! I didn't think that my bobber was going to make it in the Calander but I did, and I made my day over here while I'm deployed!
    Thanks Again!
    "Shop"
    Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

Shop, it was my pleasure... You did some nice work on that bike... Hopefully, you'll be home riding it soon...

Thank you SO much for your service!
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Kat,
        My new calendar arrived yesterday!!!

March sure does look like a great month next year...

Thanks for all you do!
        Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

March is ALWAYS a great month!

Thanks Bob

Shoot... I need to get off my butt and order me one as well (a calendar... not a butt... already have one of those... more than that if you count a couple of my friends... lol)

Of course, as long as I don't have a calendar... I can't see just how frikkin busy next year is going to be...
          lol
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Hey Kat, I just checked out all the calendars. Good job. I liked #4 best of all. I've never wanted a hard tail, but I have to say they look cool..
            To all you xsers in the 4th calender, NICE BIKES!
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

A non-hijack of an old thread/thank you WildKat/tribute to my brother

On 8/8/08 my older brother died. He suffered from lingering effects of comming in contact with "Agent Orange" while serving in Vietnam.
              My brother Mike was wounded during an assault on his base. He came home paralysed but overcame that, though he had no feeling on the left side of his body (of course he was left-handed). He contracted the permanent strain of malaria and was cold all the time. He also had a skin disorder (jungle rot) that flaired-up from time to time. And there are the emotional and spiritual wounds he kept to himself that I will never know, but he did share a bit with me.

With all of this Mike was the kindest, gentlest, most mischeivious person I've ever known. He would literally give you the shirt off his back (I've seen him do it). He would tease to no end, but he never maliciously said or did anything cruel or mean to anyone. He was a drunk (alcoholics go to meetings). Somehow I have a plaque of his that he thouroly believed in:

"An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the Earth"

Mikes wishes were that he be creamated and his remains be scattered in the river he liked fishing in (I won't say which river as we probably committed a felony in granting his whish). The background in the photo of my bike (August) is where Mike is. The photo was taken the week after we threw Mike in the river . I literally can still see him in the water .

So this Memorial Day, this is my honoring my brother Mike Kelly who was killed in Vietnam but took 40 years to die.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
              X