the real fun starts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the real fun starts!!!

my new starter relay came in today!!! so i actually get to start working on the thing. i am putting that on tonight and seeing how that goes. I not holding my breath that it'll start, but i am gonna try anyway. provided that my luck holds true and it WON'T start....i am gonna re-do the coils and plugs. here is the list i came up with, i put it on the other side, and got some input that was great (the "other set" of caps, specifically) but wanted to double check and make sure i wasn't missing anything.

o here is the list i came up with....i am hoping to buy and ship everything only once....best laid plans, right? but that is the hope.

am i missing anything?

Part #17-6810 (I need two of these) coils
    Part #23-2906 (I need two sets of these) spark plug wires
    Part #17-6830 (I need two sets of these) coil tower boots
    Part #17-6831 (I think i need these, and two sets if I do) high tension wire ends
    Part #23-3113 (do I need 4 of these? I have 4 on my bike, but I have two different styles now, I don't know why) resister spark plug cap.

thanks so so so much for any and all help!!!!
    1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Originally posted by 1st bike View Post
    Part #23-3113 (do I need 4 of these? I have 4 on my bike, but I have two different styles now, I don't know why) resister spark plug cap.
    Different angles the wire comes into the boot.

You'll need 2 of these:
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ngksparkplugcaplb05f.aspx

and 2 of these:
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ngksparkplugcapxb05f.aspx

Comment

am i missing anything?

Part #17-6810 (I need two of these) coils
      Part #23-2906 (I need two sets of these) spark plug wires
      Part #17-6830 (I need two sets of these) coil tower boots
      Part #17-6831 (I think i need these, and two sets if I do) high tension wire ends
      Your list,
      and what you DO NOT need to buy.......
      Part # 17-6830 you will get these with the coils
      Part # 17-6831 you will get these with the coils, but for $2.00 it's cheap insurance.
      Part # 23-3113 WRONG PART NUMBER! Use 23-3117 instead and you can use ANY spark plug ( Platinum, Iridium, etc.) The "short" caps just make it a little harder to grab when the engine is hot.
      I LIKE my green coils!!
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

thanks guys!!! starter relay is in, but i am gonna be sad if it starts and i can't ride it, so i am not trying until tomorrow! raining here. might be cold tomorrow, but i could get on it if it starts. fingers crossed!!
        1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Working...
        X