Another one found its way to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Ray,
    Me thinks it's a sunbleached factory frankenbike speedo, considering that the engine does sound like a 10K mi engine. Too bad the tranny is not the same.
    What I can't figure out is why someone would install the '79 and earlier carbs!!??
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

The early carbs do NOT have the "hidden" mixture screws. We used to think we could get a little more power from the earlier carbs. But then, I had a '78 at the time, and already had the power!!
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey, Cobia...

Looking at the pics of the speedometer you posted, even where it has the KM/H, it's yellow too... so I doubt it's from sun fade or bleached out...
        Looks like a rare one to me!

May be a franken speedo from a Canadian or Aussie bike or something... probably a replacement from ebay at one time...you've probably been PO'd...

Doubt it came that way new... but that would be cool to learn if it did!

Great deal, anyhow you slice it... and great to hear it runs & sounds solid!

Have fun...
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
        X