Little Google trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Google trick

Looking for an mp3 file and don't want to mess with hairy places like bearshare and limewire?

Just clip and paste this into google and replace your favorite band in the quotes where "Nirvana" is.

-inurlhtm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) "Nirvana"
    Replace the frown smiley with the semicolon and left patenthesis if it doesn't paste right for you. Not sure how to disable smileys here.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

I just learned this one recently, too. Well, actually a slightly different version:

intitle:"Index of /" mp3 "nirvana"

Just like Ivan's version you would replace nirvana with the group of your choice.

It does a good job of scraping the internet for files, but beware, you never really know where you are downloading from or exactly what you are downloading. There may also be a little bit of "legal grey area" involved.

Make sure your browser is secure and your virus protection is up to date.
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

try mininova.org. Great torrent site. Ive been using it nonstop for months and have not had a single questionable file from it, and my computer is overloaded with protection software. I usually use the site for movies and TV shows, but theyve got a lot of mp3s too, and a bunch of other stuff.
      1981 XS11SH Custom Project - Juggernaut
      1990 FZR600 Hybrid Streetfighter - Lilith
      1996 FZR600 Custom Project
      1994 FZR600

Comment

The problem with torrents and other sharing methods is the sharing part. For some reason the RIAA and the MPAA and such don't really give a hoot if you download stuff, but it pisses them off when you share it. After a few threatening emails and my ISP threatening to shut off my service, I decided to use methods that don't broadcast my IP where the music nazis are looking. Still not terribly safe, but better anyway.

Also, mp3raid.com works well on mobile devices. The main site is not that great, but the mobi sitee is pretty slick.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Protection

Wow, last time I heard this much talk about having protection I was in high school health class I think

sounds like you guys are either going to a house of ilrepute or a war zone.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
            Wow, last time I heard this much talk about having protection I was in high school health class I think

sounds like you guys are either going to a house of ilrepute or a war zone.
            Well, that sums up the internet pretty well.
            I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
            3J6 003509
            Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
            Fuse Block Upgrade
            Mike's XS Green Coils
            Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

A great site for this sorta thing. Best one I have ever found.
              Doesnt seem to be well known to me.
              http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/

Comment

Working...
              X