Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former member returns after 10 years

Greetings!

I was part of this owners group about 10 years ago but left after I sold my pristine 1981LH. Moved from AZ to NY and was given (yes, free) a 1982 XS400 Heritage Special. Not the bike my XS1100 was to be sure, but very similar styling, lightweight, good handling, and fun to ride (especially when it's your only ride after some 10 years!). Bike's in very good, stock condition. 14k miles. Has a Windjammer screen.

Did I mention it was free?

Anyway, there were no other decent looking groups for the XS400 so I thought I'd check back here.

Hardly recognize any of the names from 10 years ago.
    Tony A. Bartolucci
    Present Ride: 1982 XS400LJ Custom
    Former Rides: 1981 XS1100LH
    1975 Kawasaki 100 2 Stroke Enduro
    1975 Honda 750F

Current Cool Cage: 1966 Chevy Impala 396

Tony?? If I remember , but I suffer from CRAFT welcome back

Jim
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Wow HamJam! You nailed it! I had a beautiful XS11 Midnight Special that I bought some time around 1998. It only had 7k original miles and was in near-showroom condition. Lived in AZ at the time (Chandler) and even got to meet and ride with some XSives. Sold the bike before we moved to Rochester, NY (2002) to a guy in CA that bought it sight-unseen w/no dickering on the price. He had a LH when he was younger and wanted to revisit that experience. I wonder if he ever joined here or if he still has the bike?

I also had an unopened large plastic model of the LH that I threw in (back then it was worth around 100 bucks).

When we moved to NY I kept my M/C endorsement because . . . well, you never know! Then I was gifted a 82 Heritage Special. It's a fun ride, but I do miss the awesome power of the 1100! And, did I mention that it was free?

I'm thinking about one possible mod. straight pipes. I'll be looking for any advice in that regard later.

Regards!

TAB
      Tony A. Bartolucci
      Present Ride: 1982 XS400LJ Custom
      Former Rides: 1981 XS1100LH
      1975 Kawasaki 100 2 Stroke Enduro
      1975 Honda 750F

Current Cool Cage: 1966 Chevy Impala 396

Comment

Welcome Back to Ch11. I had a '78 XS400...it had the old style points ignition and it would get 70 mpg....but it wouldn't do much more than 70-75 mph...I called it the buzz bandit...any speed over 50 and the mirrors vibrated so much that they were useless. I could only ride it 60 miles at a time as my hands would go numb...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Bartolucci View Post
          Greetings!

I was part of this owners group about 10 years ago but left after I sold my pristine 1981LH. Moved from AZ to NY and was given (yes, free) a 1982 XS400 Heritage Special. Not the bike my XS1100 was to be sure, but very similar styling, lightweight, good handling, and fun to ride (especially when it's your only ride after some 10 years!). Bike's in very good, stock condition. 14k miles. Has a Windjammer screen.
          Did I mention it was free?
          Anyway, there were no other decent looking groups for the XS400 so I thought I'd check back here.
          Hi Tony and welcome back.
          Besides being free, another good thing about that XS400 is that it's small enough that it can be an "as well as" rather than an "instead of" when you find another XS11.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hi and welcome. There will never be too many of us.
            '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
            Original except:
            120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
            4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
            Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
            All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
            Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
              Hi Tony and welcome back.
              Besides being free, another good thing about that XS400 is that it's small enough that it can be an "as well as" rather than an "instead of" when you find another XS11.
              Yep, I still have (and love) my XS400. It's a 1980 so it's electronic ignition, no points, but it's a fun bike to throw around in the twisties.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Holy cow, a local XSsive! Hi Tony. I'm in Spencerport. Maybe we'll meet up some time. Geez, why would someone actually move here from Arizona?
                80 SG
                81 SH in parts
                99 ST1100
                91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                X