New Helmet day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Helmet day!

I just got my Gmax wizard helmet and it's pretty nice for 120 bucks! The ventilation is great and it came with a smoke shield as well as the clear. The eye hole is fairly large and it's fairly quiet ( I wear earplugs too). So far I can't complain but only time will tell how it holds up.

Does this helmet make my body look too small?
    1980 XS1100G
    Tulsa, OK

Nice looking helmet.

Yeah it does make your body look a little on the small side.

Ozz
    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
    Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
    Pod Filters
    DynoJet Kit
    T.C.'s Fuse Block
    Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
    Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
    V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Wow! Some fancy graphics on that one! Where'd you pick that one up?
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

I ordered it from my local bike shop but you can pick it up here as well
        http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...c=2&zmap=19200

This helmet was named 2007 helmet of the year on www.webbikeworld.com I've always had very tame solid color helmets but now that I'm married to a motocycle hater, I have to do everything loud and bright to make her feel that I'm being safe as possible....whatever keeps the bike in the garage I'm up for.
        1980 XS1100G
        Tulsa, OK

Comment

Well, after doing some of my own research, I decided to follow in your footsteps. I got mine from Kneedraggers.com, for $107, including shipping. Mot. Superstore offered to match the price, but not to beat it, so went with them instead. I decided on the full black version though. I kinda wish they had a gloss black, but flat will have to do. I haven't been able to actually use it yet, since it's been snowing here since it arrived a few days ago. Have you enjoyed yours? What do you think of the ventilation system?

The only thing I wish it had was a pull-tab on the d-ring. I'll probably add one myself, to make it easier to take it off.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X