• Show
Clear All

• I Just Wanna Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyS4...eature=related
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Not that far away from me

Mt Hotham is about 85 miles as the crow flies Scenic ride from here to a place called Tawonga, turn right and do the Tawonga Gap, then turn left and follow a river valley to Harrietville.
    Then it gets interesting, that vid (PT 4) is the last section to Mt Hotham after the road opens out. From the bottom of the Mtn at H/Ville it is tight and windy for a fair distance.
    Third gear roll on / roll off on my old RH, second if want to push harder in lower sections, 3rd / 4th higher up.
    Also, google the section from Mt Beauty to Falls Creek, similar to lower section of Mt Hotham rd, officially rated at 100 kph (62 mph) speed limit. However, 3rd gear on / off or 2nd if wanting to push on.

Comment

Looks like a fun ride.Why is he going so slow?Is there a speed limit there?Pretty cool road.

Terry
      1980 special (Phyllis)
      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

SoundWaves

I like this type of "ride report." No substitute for the video POV of the rider on the bike as it goes through the twisties.

I'm set up to do this now with 3 different camera mounts on my XS Special. Although I'd like to put a song in to accompany the sound of the bike, I've seen some videos pulled off of you tube because the owner of the song objected to his/her music being used without official "permission."

Nice of Joe Satriani to allow the guy to use the song without raising a stink about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrym View Post
          I like this type of "ride report." No substitute for the video POV of the rider on the bike as it goes through the twisties.

I'm set up to do this now with 3 different camera mounts on my XS Special. Although I'd like to put a song in to accompany the sound of the bike, I've seen some videos pulled off of you tube because the owner of the song objected to his/her music being used without official "permission."

Nice of Joe Satriani to allow the guy to use the song without raising a stink about it.
          I was in a hurry when I posted the video,it is not mine,was just passing it along cause I liked it.If you go to You Tube when ya play it ya get the ad to the song.Sorry if you thought it was my video,I can't ride that long without stopping to take a picture
          '80 XS1100 SG
          Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I appreciate you passing the video link along. Clearly a great ride captured on video. Doesn't matter that it wasn't you or an XS either: still a great ride.

My point is that although I'd like to make a kick-A** video and put some cool tunes in it, I know that you tube or even photobucket videos are screened before they are allowed to be "viewed." Part of the screening is to check and see if the music is original or from some professional artist. If it's from an artist then they automatically kick the video back to you and say to use different music.

I've had one of my vids kicked back to me because of this. The video in the link has been out there since 2008 and Joe Satriani must know about it by now. Just saying that he's pretty cool for not claiming "infringement" rights and demanding that the video be pulled.

Comment

Working...
            X