Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhhh!!! Apartment Complex!!!

Got a letter from apartment management today saying:

"it has been brought to our attention that you have been using your garage to fix vehicles. It is for the safety of the residents that we prohibit repairs"

I can't for the life of me see how working on my XS in the garage is endangering the safety of anyone. I know exactly what happened too. A couple days ago one of the maintenance guys was walking by when I was changing fork springs. He stopped and looked for a bit then walked on. I guess from now on I will just keep the door shut and deal with the heat.

I'm paying $50 extra per month for that sucker only so I can have a place to work on/store the XS.

stuff like this makes me want to pull my hair out.

I NEED A HOUSE!!!!

hell. i built my XS on the PATIO of my apartment... I guess i just had good apt managment. when you get a house.. try for TWO car garage one is never enough,,,lol
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

That is BS. Merriam-Webster dictionary defines garage as "a shelter or repair shop for automotive repairs". Tell them to look it up.
      Robert
      79 SF

Comment

Arse

Beechy........what a bunch of ?&&**%^%...Urrrggh that sort of crap pisses me off.

Guess you will have to keep the door down and look out for the thought police......
        XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
        Guzzi 850
        Z1000

Comment

I used to live in a place that had similar rules, had no garage though. I suggest you just roll it on into the living room for repairs!

(I've got a '72 cb500 in my bedroom right now , ongoing project that one. Might end up a chopper)
          1979 xs1100sf
          1972 cb500 four

Comment

Reply:

It has been brought to the attention of residents of no. xxx that there is some spam mail being sent by the apartment complex management. I included a copy of the offencive letter and if this problem is not resolved ASAP, I am afraid I will have to discuss the whole matter with my legal representative about possible legal measures.

Add some of that webster crap, some personal information privacy, and the fact that this whole thing has upset you so much, your shrink bill will be sent to the management.

If this doesn't work, brake their legs.

LP

PS: I got out of a speeding ticket because "I couldn't read the ticket due to the poor handwriting" LOL.... saved bout 200$
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I'm not too worried anymore. unless something major happens, I'm pretty much done working on it for now. Hopefully I'll be out of this place soon and into a house where it won't be an issue. It just kinda burned me that they would even bother saying anything.

Comment

Crap like that makes me wanna shoot somebody... not the rudeness of it, but it's the stupidity that really pisses me off.
                Maybe that's why I enjoy writing stuff to various judges, courts and stuff for traffic violations.

LP

Comment

i totally agree. if there were some good reason for me not to work on my bike in the garage - i would have no problem. but who is it hurting?

Comment

Authorized dealers and repair shops.
                    F*** em!

LP

Comment

Working...
                    X