My dream job.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
    I thought about building a pulse jet but learned they aren't very efficient.
    They are F'n loud too.

I used to play with Dyna Jets, a very small pulse jet for model airplanes. They put out about 15-20 pounds of thrust, and made so much noise it'd make dust puff out of the cracks in the concrete.

Also they are very picky on the "tuning". They are much more efficient when the tuning is done for the speed they will run.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Back full circle, here is another video of Gilles Nantet racing his Porsche 911. It's a 6 minute video with most of it inside the car and at the very end he crashes. I watch this video all the time, I'm so jealous!!!!! Do anyone think that there is a way to make an XS11 sound like that???
      http://www.dailymotion.com/group/Por...ntet-en-r_auto
      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

SuperTrapp Stainless 4 into 1 pipe does it

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
        ... Do anyone think that there is a way to make an XS11 sound like that???...
        Strange you say that, my wife, who has heard a few powered up Porsches from our autocross days, thought our XS sounded like one.

It has a SuperTrapp race pipe (the one with the hole in the back plate) with 8 or 9 plates in it. I think it sounds better and badder. Wicking it up creates a shrieking howl that is most impressive, yet when backed off becomes just another law abiding senior citizen out for a spin on his cruiser.

My 500, with essentially the same muffler (4" SuperTrapp) and 3 plates is actually much louder.
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special - induction and head work, bored w/ Wisco pistons, SuperTrapp 4 into 1 stainless exhaust. This bike was built by someone who knew what to do - it flys

1978 SR500E - pristine stocker

1978 SR500E - soon to get cafe style makeover

Comment

Working...
        X