Grumbling after my new tire installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree

But, I buy and have my tires mounted and balanced at Cycle Gear and haven't had any problems yet. I have access to an industrial bancing machine that does dynamic balancing down to 1/2 gram and the last one I checked on it was my front tire and it checked out perfect, so I haven't checked them since. Dunlop Elite III for the rear was $80, mount and balance, $20, dispose of old tire, $3.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Where in the ^$&% did you find an elite 3 tire for $80?
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
        Where in the ^$&% did you find an elite 3 tire for $80?
        I was thinking the same thing! Cheapest I have seen them is $110. Cycle Gear's price is $119 on their website.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Where

Read the post again... Cycle Gear is the place, Lemon street, Fullerton, CA. Had real good luck there once when I was helped by a new employee and got 2 for $36 each. She read the price they pay for them by mistake. When she gave me the price I changed my order to two..
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system

Comment

You guys must have much larger Cycle Gear stores than what I have here. My store doesn't stock that stuff. You have to order it, and it arrives in a day or two. They don't have facilities for installing/balancing tires either (AFAIK, anyway). They mainly only stock helmets and other clothing.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Cyclegear here mounts and balances tires ( thats all they do) but they charge $30. Its a clothing (riding gear) store. Thats about all.
              Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Better here

Cycle Gear here has most tires in stock, but mine were sort of out of the ordinary I guess, because they had to order it. They said their list price was $120, but I got it for $80, plus tax, and mounting was $20. Lots of other stuff too, filters oil, most anything you could want for your dirt bike, lights, handlebars, and much more, plus all the gear to wear, BIG stock of helmets, gloves, boots etc.

Drilled airbox
                Tkat fork brace
                Hardly mufflers
                late model carbs
                Newer style fuses
                Oil pressure guage
                Custom security system

Comment

Working...