No announcement yet.

Thinking of painting the XS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted 'red' but only because Maroon wasn't a choice!
    This world needs more Christian, RedNeck, Cowboys!

1981 XS1100 Special for sale! $750!

Comment

color

I agree with DiverRay,,,,pick out the color you like.....I currently have xs's in burgundy, blue, black, black, brown, white, yellow, and each one is a different look and character. All the same color is kind of boring....I ride the black ones when I feel BADxss, the blue to tour, the red to cruise downtown, the white and yellow for a change of pace. SO,,,,,,pick out what you like since everyone is going to have a diff. opinion on the color. Good Luck, Mike in Sun DIego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Ohh I plan on painting it a color that I like, I was just seeing what others think the bike might look good as. So far across 2 forums, it looks like most people think Black is the way to go so far. The green I was thinking about isn't even in the running. Black is a good color for the bike, but it's also a stock color. The color I've got my eye on at at the local paint shop is a green so dark that it's almost black until the sun hits it. I guess it's close to British Racing Green (from what I've heard). I still haven't made a final decision, so vote results may or may not sway my opinion.
        Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
        '07 FJR1300

Comment

Ray... British Racing Green is a dark green but definitely not a black that looks green in the sunlight...so I dont see how the two are even close...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm just running off what a friend told me about the British Racing Green. I have the PPG numbers around here somewhere for the Green I was looking at. Don't know what the 'name' is tho.
            Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
            '07 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
            X