"Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
    lion". SHL
    78 XS1100e

linky no worky
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Link worked for me.....
      Just goes to show you that while it takes skill to do that, it really doesn't take any brains. And they certainly didn't display any regards for their, or anybody else's safety.
      Looks cool, though
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Yeah,

Drove me nuts last time I was there. Speed limits all 50-55... AND EVERYBODY DROVE THE SPEED LIMIT!!! I bet I had 3-4 dozen tickets from 16-19 yo when I lived there. I see why now.

Here in OK, speed limits mostly 70, but you'll get your azz run over doing less than 80 in the fast lane.

I wonder what the cops could say there. Wreckless driving for riding on one wheel? They weren't speeding... or didn't seem to be.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Not helping

Common place on the highways at night here. Now seeing groups doing it in the city. Not judging, and not particularly difficult or dangerous but not helpful with the publics perception of bikers. Rick
          I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

That wasn't the video I was going for, the one I was after was the original one with the people in the car taking the pictures and talking to the cops at the same time, giving them the location and license numbers of all 11 bikes. They were holding up traffic in all lanes and doing over 70 mph. There have been two riders killed doing wheelies in the last two weeks on Intrestate 5 in Seattle.
            Fastmover
            lion". SHL
            78 XS1100e

Comment

I wonder how the law would look at that? trbig said it. They didn't seem to be speeding. They weren't weaving in and out of the lanes.
              I think the guys who are tearing a$$ through the traffic and scaring drivers half to death are the ones who get guys like most of us crowded off the road by some peaved cage driver. Never did a wheelie on a bicycle or anything on up.

Think I wrote this before but a photographer wanted a picture of Michael Jordan spinning a basketball on his index finger. He didn't know how. When he was asked why, he said; "It doesn't have anything to do with basketball".
              RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Up date

This is the video I was going for.http://www.king5.com/video/featured-...ml?nvid=254976, it was shot in 08, but it's still a problem. Some of the motorcyclist coming through this area are being really aggressive with their riding and one day it's going to catch up to them. A couple of weeks ago I had one riding so close to my left rear fender he could have reached out and touched it, then after he passed me and 3 other cars he passed another on the right. Then on the way home the same day 3 riders were passing cars forcing them over and passing between them and the double yellow line.
                Fastmover
                lion". SHL
                78 XS1100e

Comment

dunno what happened the 1st time but now the links worked...it ddont take alot of skill to do that...obviously they all dont have much for brains either...oh but they're having fun and couldnt care less for anyone else....
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Folks around here have been getting tickets for riding with only one hand on the bars, and i have heard that down in Salem they are stopping them for the little turn signals they put on the rear. The sport bikes do give cycling a bad rep in some ways. The geneal public ss a cruiser the same way as they do a sport bike, but only because they don't know the difference.
                    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                    A quick death and an easy one.
                    A pretty girl and an honest one.
                    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

I agree that it's people like these motorcyclists who give us good guys a bad name. I also think that they were being wreckless, and riding unsafely. However, how can one "hold up traffic" if they're going over the speed limit? Anyone they are "holding up" is already going too fast anyway.

Is it really illegal to ride with one hand on the bars? What is the law that is being broken by the small lights on the rear? Is there a requirement regarding how large they must be? I know my mom got pulled over in Port Orchard, WA once, in the poring rain, so the cop could tell her that one tail light was DIMMER than the other! Maybe the cops in WA are just bored....

I dunno how the laws work there, but I know that on the freeways in California, no matter what speed you are going, if someone comes up behind you in the fast lane and flashes their brights at you, the law states that you MUST move over as soon as it is safe to do so, to let them pass.
                      Last edited by CatatonicBug; 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold
                      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                      -H. Ford

Comment

There have been two riders killed doing wheelies in the last two weeks on Intrestate 5 in Seattle.
                        See.. if they'd just leave them alone, Darwin will take care of things.

Tod
                        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100
                        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Bunch of freakin' idiots. How stupid do you have to be to be riding wheelies on a public highway...especially with a big, honkin' SUV right behind you. If you don't get hurt enough by falling off of the bike, maybe the Suburban can put you out of your misery.
                          79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
                          79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
                          79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

We truckers

generally call those guys 'organ donors' or 'road kill'...
                            This world needs more Christian, RedNeck, Cowboys!

1981 XS1100 Special for sale! $750!

Comment

Loopholes

I'd have been more impressed if they did this stunt over Snoqualmie Pass in the winter. Would be a real sight to see all those bikes pulled over in the "chain-up" area.

As outrageous as it seems to do this in large numbers in broad daylight, there's a method to their madness. It would be hard for any court to get a reckless driving conviction on any or all those riders. Any witnesses would have to state that not all the drivers did wheelies. Reasonable doubt as to whether the defendent actually did the crime and all that.

Comment

Working...
                              X