Spitfire windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire windshield

With the cold temps fast approaching here in the Great Lakes I decided to start looking for a windshield. My cousin happened to stumble upon a HD windshield that he picked up for me for $10. It was off a Road King that got totalled. The windshield wasn't in too great a shape and I did get a lot of the scratches out with just some scratch remover but not all of them. The brackets wouldn't fit no how, no way on the XS.

So I threw the quick detachable brackets on ebay and got enough to purchase the Spit Fire windshield for $70 off ebay. It does seem to block a lot of the wind in the chest area but not the face. I tried various angles but I think I am too tall. But I wear a fullface HJC helmet in cold weather riding anyway so I guess for the windshield blocking wind in the chest area for cold weather riding, it's ok. For 10 bucks, I can't complain.

I still got the 30" HD windshield that I might work on with a buffing wheel. Might be able to find some use for it with the Spit Fire brackets.

My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Yep, I have the same Spitfire windshield on my SF and it works perfect for me. I got rid of the quick release knobs and used Allen setscrews to make it harder to steal.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

spitfire

i have the same windshield and promptly lost the wing nuts on or about the second ride!! word to the wise ;;i really like the shield;; apply some goop to the wing nuts or replace them with some good hex bolts!! ride safe ,,slow mo!!
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the theft issue and the wing nuts coming loose.
        My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

I have the exact same windsheild on mine, & also use the same helmut as you when the weather is cold. Mine works fine, so you must be pretty tall, I'm around 5'9" when I get alot of sleep. But thx all for the tips on the screws - I will add set screws or blue lock tite to them.
          '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
          1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
          Rebuilt head, valves
          TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
          Tkat Fork Brace
          T.C. Spade Fuse Box
          Dyna Coils & wires
          Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
          ISO grips with stelleto ends
          4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
          Bridgestone Spitfires
          Tuned by Tinman905
          & a will to keep it.

Comment

Working...
          X