Digital Ignition ZDG3 for XS1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Ignition ZDG3 for XS1100?

I just happened to stumble across this while doing a search and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with this?

Digital Ignition ZDG3 for XS1100
    My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

how much

This looks cool what does it cost
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Website price listing has the XS1100 marked as 252 Euro's without shipping, so about $360 before shipping (made in Germany)
      Tim
      79SF - in project mode

Comment

Pretty pricey for something that loses the vaccum advance. I think that's one of the primary advantages of the XS11's ignition system in that it's the ONLY XS model with vacuum advance.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
          Pretty pricey for something that loses the vaccum advance. I think that's one of the primary advantages of the XS11's ignition system in that it's the ONLY XS model with vacuum advance.
          Doesn't the XJ loose the vacuum advance?

Also, optical things tend to stop working when dirty, and hall effect switches (which the XS has already) aren't. I do like the ability to adjust timing curves though. A box like that with a MAP sensor to calculate load would be awesome.
          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

360 plus shipping puts you in the range of the Mega squirt, if you build it yourself, it keeps the vacuum advance and allows you to put in any advance curve you want. Plus for some extra you can go to fuel injection to boot.
            1979 xs1100 Special -
            Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
            Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
            My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

I do like the 7v minimum for the ignition system to function, that would make the kickstarter a fully functional item on our bikes in low battery situations.
              Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Might be a viable option if you had a fried tci and swamp thing couldn't fix it.But the mega squint looks to me like more bang for the buck.I do like the adjustment but I think the lack of a vacuum advance may be a disadvantage on these bikes.
                1980 special (Phyllis)
                1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Working...
                X