Rode a Boss Hoss trike today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode a Boss Hoss trike today

One of the consultants at work has one of these and let me take it for a spin around the block. I think I would probably kill myself on one if these things if I owned one. I like the sound of the small-block Chevy motor.....if it was in a car. Can anybody say overkill???

You have to spread you legs wider than I would like just to get them around the huge gas tank. Your shins are just a few inches away from the exhaust headers. At a red light, you can really feel the heat pouring off of them, even with the useless heat shield. It turns like a dump truck.

The guy's usual ride is some kind of Hardley. I haven't seen that one. This is his toy. He doesn't ride either one much and doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold. Has the dealer do all of the maintenance on all of his cars/bikes. He thought I was nuts for buying a 30 year old fixer-upper XS11. I think he has more money than brains.
    79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
    79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
    79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

That's a little one. They also come with a 502cuin big block.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

If a small block Chevy is overkill, a 502 is insane. It's just a case of "mine is bigger than yours" and has no real value.
      79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box

Comment

A few years back a customer of mine owned a two wheeled version of one of these. It had the 454 big block in it.

I asked him how in the world did he ride that behemoth...
        His reply..."Very carefully!"

His garage was custom immaculate... the floor was spotless, and granite tiled. He even had a embroidered piece of special carpet under the kickstand that said "Boss Hoss".

He said one wrong move of the throttle was instant disaster... due to the torque.

It stabled in his "garage" next to his Corvette and Jag.

That was the first time I ever knew someone had implemented a nightmare like this into reality.

(And to think... I actually complain that my bike only gets 32 mpg...)
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by 65oldsboy View Post
          If a small block Chevy is overkill, a 502 is insane. It's just a case of "mine is bigger than yours" and has no real value.
          To much power?That's like having to much fun or to much money.I don't think that is possible.

Terry
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

You CAN have too much power if you can't hook it up or if you romp on the throttle and flip over backwards.

Comment

Al Pacino loves his boss hogg. I would love to sit on one and get a picture taken, but that's as far as i would like to go on them ehhehe
              1978 XS1100E Standard
              Kerker Exhaust
              Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
              TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
              Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

"You CAN have too much power if you can't hook it up or if you romp on the throttle and flip over backwards. "

Only if your wrist has only two settings onff!
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I do have to say I really dig the '57 Chevy theme on this one...

and the trike would probably be more stable in "Warp Mode".
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                  X