Guaranteed weight loss plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaranteed weight loss plan...

Well, after being laid up for about two months now, and just sitting on my rumpus forever and doing nothing, I have dropped 30 pounds.

So all you guys out there watching what you eat and working out all the time, you're doing it all wrong....

I know, I can't figure it out either....
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

I have dropped 30 pounds.
    Yeah, but losing fat to lose weight would be a better option than losing your leg muscles... don'tcha think?

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
      Yeah, but losing fat to lose weight would be a better option than losing your leg muscles... don'tcha think?

Tod
      No doubt. Being on crutches is playing hell on the quads and hams. But I have lost 2 inches in the waist.

Comment

But I have lost 2 inches in the waist.

... When it fell down to your azz??

Seriously, Ivan. Good job. Whatever you lost.. I think I've found lately. My wife loses 20 pounds, and she looks like a new woman. I lose 20 pounds... and my left pinky gets a bit thinner..

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I wish I could lose 30 lbs, then I could look like a stick figure! You'll just gain it back with all those healthy restaurants at the Talimena rally, 2 pound burgers, all-you-can-eat buffet, beer..........
          http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
            I wish I could lose 30 lbs, then I could look like a stick figure! You'll just gain it back with all those healthy restaurants at the Talimena rally, 2 pound burgers, all-you-can-eat buffet, beer..........
            You loose 30 pounds, and we'll tie a string to your belt buckle and fly you like a kite.

Comment

years ago when I was hit pretty much the same way, I lost about 90 pounds. Believe me, I had it to loose. One doctor told me that my body was pulling all the energy it could to heal and that's why I was loosing weight.

It took me 10 years to gain it back and now I'm working to loose it again...

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Water Weight??

I know when I have been REALLY ill for an extended period I lose alot of weight, but as soon as I got healthy again, and ate and drank normally it al came back quickly. Eveyrtime I lose a few pounds, I seem to find it back before long!

BTW, Tony, PLEASE find a better way to lose it this time!!
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Motivation

Lose 2Pi inches off your waistline and there will be another inch of your genetic code transfer device available for deployment.
                  OTOH, Freddie Truman's reply to a fellow cricketer who told him he had a big arse:- "Happen I need one to drive a nail like mine."
                  So there you have it, find or develop a diet & exercise regime that will trim down your waist and enhance your buttocks.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                    I know when I have been REALLY ill for an extended period I lose alot of weight, but as soon as I got healthy again, and ate and drank normally it al came back quickly. Eveyrtime I lose a few pounds, I seem to find it back before long!

BTW, Tony, PLEASE find a better way to lose it this time!!
                    I was eating like a horse back then and I still lost weight. BTW, I found some pix of my smashed Guzzi. I'll scan them and put them up on my site one of these days.

Poprock introduced me to the South Beach diet and so far I've taken off about 40 pounds. Maybe after the next 40 pounds I'll look enough thinner that it will be obvious...

Geezer

Comment

Back in my "slim" days I was with three other friends in a duck blind in the Suisun bay in the CAl. Delta. The two fellows on either end of the blind were pretty good sized boys. The fellow settin to the outside of me leaned over and said to John at the other end.." Hey John, I lost 5 pounds last week!" John looked over and said,

"Thats like the Queen Mary loosing a deck chair!"
                      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

I've lost hundreds of pounds over my lifetime. They keep finding me (and bringing friends). I have been as low as 203lbs and as high as 310lbs in the past 10 years. Currently around 280 @ 6ft tall. Once I get motivated, I can lose weight like there's no tomorrow. I haven't had any motivation for a while. My problem is not being able to maintain the weight loss. Once I lose the weight, I start working out a little less and eating a little more.... Little by little it all comes back.
                        79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
                        79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
                        79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

I still wear the same size jeans I wore my 10th grade year ('93-'94). I've gained a little weight, but mostly in muscle (not all though ). If I wanted to, I could loose 10lbs in a week without hardly trying, but since my weight has never really been an issue, I never have to try...
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold
                          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                          -H. Ford

Comment

The South Beach diet isn't so much a diet as it is a life style change. I never could get more than a month into any other diet before I'd blow it and in most cases this would happen in a week or less. I'm now over 3 months into this and I'm staying with it.

I have to loose weight I have serious arthritis in my left hip and high blood pressure. I've also had bouts with a funky heart beat. Until Poprock turned me on to this, I thought loosing weight for me was impossible.

Geezer

Comment

The South Beach diet isn't so much a diet as it is a life style change. I never could get more than a month into any other diet before I'd blow it and in most cases this would happen in a week or less. I'm now over 3 months into this and I'm staying with it.
                              Geezer, That is the ONLY way you can loose and keep the pounds off. As a diabetic, I needed to change eating habits to live. I've found that if I do a little at a time, I can pretty much keep to the plan. I hope when I get up there next to see you again, you are still going strong!
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X