No announcement yet.

New Member in Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&R - That's not a Midnight Special (XS1100LG).. Sorry... It's just a REGULAR Special (XS1100SG). VERY nice bike though!

Oh, and I noticed your signature! LOL! Might want to put a space between the : and the P in Photojournalist!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknroll90 View Post
      First question.
      Should I do this since I just got the bike? I think I hear some chain noise at a little higher R.P.M. I will also post pictures with questions I don't know-I love macro photos and well lit photos-if u have questions about photos ask me I have worked as a photojournalist for 22 years professionally. Thanks
      What a group to get started with. I feel I have smart friends on here and havn't met anyone yet.

Differences too-look through the curve-one funny sometimes they don't see us with lights and sirens.

Thanks questions and pictures soon.

Hey Brad,

Congrats and welcome!! WE highly suggest you peruse thru the tech tips....ALL of them, maintanence, repairs, mods, misc. You'll find the info about doing the cam chain tensioner adjustment procedure....and usually as long as you do it without removing the tensioner housing, you shouldn't have any problems. There's also the engine side clutch cable adjustment, etc.

As for your bike, the seat and exhaust pipes are not OEM, but it looks like just about everything else is, including the rototiller style handlebars! You may find that they twist/turn your wrists at an uncomfortable/unnatural angle
      and can be fatiguing on LDR(Long Distance Rides), and this is why several folks have swapped them out for some more ergonomically designed ones, ie. the older style Goldwing bars.

As to your statement in bold above, how true, and so much so for those of us on motorcycles. In the tech tips, you'll find one about us being invisible, might be rather enlightening to you. The black color is nice and cool looking in the day, but not very visible at night, hence why I put on some very strategic highly reflective tape strips on my forks and such to increase my sideways visibility.

The vbasic code allows folks to type in smilies directly, and so in your signature, you have the phrase Occupation: Photojournalist....but the : and P are next to each other and that makes " " !! Hence the need for a space to separate them.
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Welcom!

Take yer bike out to the entrance ramp onto the freeway. Put it in second gear at 20 MPH, wind it up to 8 grand and dump the clutch. When it hits 8 grand shift to the next higher gear. Do this until you run out of gears. You have become XSive.
        Special Ed
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
        X