paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal

Hey i just bought speed bleeders on e-bay and canceled my savings account awhile ago but it still went to my savings account for payment-so my question is what will happen next?.I don't have a savings account but have a checking so will it be a non payment or what will happen now?Once again PayPal screwed up by not canceling the account.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

I would be sending the seller a mesage telling them what happened. Then get the paypal set up on your checking. Get it rectified asap, and hope the seller is ok with it.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
      I would be sending the seller a mesage telling them what happened. Then get the paypal set up on your checking. Get it rectified asap, and hope the seller is ok with it.
      I contacted seller but he said its between me and paypal.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

On my account there is a backup of my credit card if you have that it will come off backup.
        Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
        82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
        Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

Yeah, same here. There is usually a backup account just in case of this issue. You can't really blame Paypal though, since every time you make a payment with Paypal, it asks you to verify the source of the funds. They don't know what accounts have been cancelled. You have to edit that in your own profile.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Amazingly PayPal has good phone support. Call them and they'll help you figure it out. I find that it's much faster to do this with a debit card off your bank account than to use bank transfers.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I'll tell you what happened to me.....I had a checking account for my paypal with a credit card back up too. I didn't have enough cash in the checking so I thought the credit card would take up the extra....but I had QVERDRAFT PROTECTION ON THE ACCOUNT. The bank paid the bill then sent me a overdaft letter along with a $60 charge............................Ouch
              79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
              80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
              80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
              79 DT 100

Comment

If you have overdraft protection, they shouldn't have charged you for the overdraft.

What the bank did was cover the charge, then charged you for NOT having overdraft protection!

I would go in, and tell them you don't have overdraft for a reason, and you want the bank charge reversed. Get your $60 back.
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Once again PayPal screwed up by not canceling the account.
                  Not PayPal's issue. When you log into PayPal, you need to go to My Account, Profile, and select Add or Edit Bank Account and change where your transactions are paid from, as well as where the money goes if you are a seller and get paid for a transaction. PayPal does not know, and does not have the right to know, what you and your bank do with your savings account. PayPal only knows what you have on file in your account profile.

If you have a secondary source of funds in your profile then PayPal may charge that source when the bank sends them an account closed notice on the savings account. However, I would call PayPal and explaine the situation.

PayPal Customer Service:
                  1-888-221-1161

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
                  6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                  X