Road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip

I'm expecting a big check and longing for a long road trip. I really would like to do a cross country trip. It's been a long time since I did that and I would like to do that again. I would like to go home for a few days. Woodhull, NY should be really pretty in October. Maybe enough time to get there and back before the snow falls. it's a mighty itch.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

nice!

well I agree its nice to see all that hard work come to fruition and I hope your trip goes well, if you are interested the san diego bunch and 3phase are getting together next saturday. you are more then welcome to join us
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Sounds like fun! If you come through the midwest, and happen to end up in St. Louis, let me know! Would be nice to meet another XSive. Especially one from my home state.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Sat run

Originally posted by garthxs View Post
        well I agree its nice to see all that hard work come to fruition and I hope your trip goes well, if you are interested the san diego bunch and 3phase are getting together next saturday. you are more then welcome to join us
        Well, that's highly possible. I haven't been down that way in awhile. Any more particulars?
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by planedick View Post
          I'm expecting a big check and longing for a long road trip. I really would like to do a cross country trip. It's been a long time since I did that and I would like to do that again. I would like to go home for a few days. Woodhull, NY should be really pretty in October. Maybe enough time to get there and back before the snow falls. it's a mighty itch.
          Hey man, depending on if/when you make it out here, I would be willing to catch up with you to do some riding. My home town is Odessa NY but I will be up to college in Rochester this fall. Keep us all updated, there's some great riding to be had anywhere in that part of the state. A good friend of mine from college also rides a nice XS11 and I've talked with another member in/near the Jamestown area. We could have ourselve's a mini NY-XS rally. haha Take care!
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Check out the summer sandiego thread in southwest rally forum
            Originally posted by planedick View Post
            Well, that's highly possible. I haven't been down that way in awhile. Any more particulars?
            91 kwaka kz1000p
            Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Working...
            X