I'm alive, thank you very much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm alive, thank you very much!

I got a call from a concerned brother today who knew that I lived very close to the "Lockheed" fire here on the central California coast. The worst that I have personally suffered is from the smoke which just today, due to a shift in wind direction, has descended on Santa Cruz pretty heavily.
    I am saddened because this is a beautiful and scenic area, filled with unique mini environments. I have riden through it many times.
    I am very grateful that so far no lives have been lost, and in spite of the fairly dense (for a rural area,) settlement, no dwellings have been lost, and hundreds of horses, L Lamas, and other live stock ave been evacuated.
    I am pissed off that our local enviro-pinheads have passed local restrictions that are contrary to Cal Fire requirements to clear flammable material a certain distance away from one's domicile! Idiots! But maybe not. There are those who think it is part of an agenda to move us humans out of the woods and into high density housing (like I just moved into,) so the Pumas and Wolves can roam free! People b-a-a-a-d, Nature g-o-o-o-d! Freaking Neopagans!
    It is well known that our native people would regularly set deliberate fires to burn off the underbrush TO MAKE THEIR HUNTING EASIER! Not because they loved Mother Earth!
    On top of that, the SOB's made Eucalyptus trees "heritage trees." This means that they can't be cut down, in spite of the fact that they are NOT native trees, they are in fact an invasive species, and are extremely volatile.

Sorry. I'm done.
    Special Ed
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Glad to hear you're ok Ed and we up here in Oregon understand your feelings towards the the Nazi enviro crowd.

Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Right on, Ed! You're alive and doin' fine!

The pictures on the news don't look so good though. What kind of a nut would try to protect and preserve explosive trees in a fire area? Are they going to import koalas to live in them, too? Need to import some salties to keep the koalas (and the enviromentalists) down to managable numbers.

Regards,

Scott
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Unless it is a severe fire that goes through areas of eucalypts you will be amazed at their ability to regenerate. A large area about 120 miles south of here has recently been burnt badly, largely thanks to the efforts of "Greenies" who convinced politicians to legislate to stop people from clearing near homes and sheds. One of the few whose property survived has benn in a long court battle over fines imposed for clearing around house and shed. The "Greenies" still refuse to accept that clearing brush saved his property. "The only true wilderness is between a Greenies ears"

Comment

nice

To hear you are ok me and Scott were wonderin if you were alright up there , I remember the last santa cruz mtn fire , wasn't that like 20 years ago and that one burned for a long time
          91 kwaka kz1000p
          Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Working...
          X