Upright Silverback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upright Silverback

I have been making it a practice to drop in on Ivan every few days. Yesterday I got Thunderpig patched up and roadworthy again . Decided to slip away from SWMBO (after helping with the dishes ) and take a short putt. Went over by my friend() Jeff's place. You remember Jeff. He is my buddy that ran over me with his Gold Wing a couple of weeks ago. Lined up a ride w/him for after work today. I am going to put him out front where I can keep an eye on him .

After touching base with Jeff, I was only a straight shot away from Ivan's place, so I decided to spread a little sunshine in his life. When I walked in the front door, after waking up his lazy butt (sheesh it was only 8:00 pm ), I was pleasantly surprised to see the kids hand him a set of sticks(crutches) and after a mighty heave.....The Silverback Stands!!!!!!!!!

Funny I don't remember him being that tall............

Anyway. he stumps out to the drive to check out my repair job, with one of his drape apes bringing up the rear with a chair for him. Looking at my calipers which were rubbing slightly, he starts barking out orders. In no time, he has wrenches in hand, a son holding a flashlight, and is delivering a scholarly lecture in the art of caliper maintenance.

I have been on this earth for over half a century; and in my travels, I have met all types of characters. Luckily for me in this case, I have met a friend with character.

Laterz
    Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
    1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
    1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Thanks, Lee for telling this! You've made my day!

Really glad to hear this news.

Take care, BOTH of you.
    Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thanks Lee for checking on his lazy azz,and keeping us updated.Sounds like he's making good progress.Thoughts and prayers still headed that way.

Terry
      1980 special (Phyllis)
      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Luckily for me in this case, I have met a friend with character.
        Yup... and THIS particular character is much like you in his obvious preference for being run over versus running others over!

Thanks for the update.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Excellent news!

Thanks for the update, Lee...

Long stand the mighty Silverback!

Keep up the great work Ivan
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

[QUOTE=trbig;226898]Yup... and THIS particular character is much like you in his obvious preference for being run over versus running others over!

HEY!!!! It's his fault, he did it first!!!
            Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
            1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
            1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

I haven't been doing much more than hobbling around the house. Just started with the crutches yesterday, and I am paying back a debt of pain today.

Last friday night was the first time I had slept in my own bed in almost three months, since my bedroom is in the basement. Sleeping more than a couple hots at a time really helps me feel better.

The doctor said I could put weight on my legs if it doesn't hurt. My left leg is doing quite well, but the right is still very painful if I put any substantial weight on it. Today, I am learning that you can't take a leg that hasn't done anything in three months and press it into double duty. Today it feels as strong as a rubber chicken. It going to take a while to get back on two feet.
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Sounds like you're making good progress. A little like 2 steps forward, one step back. Just keep it going in that direction. Rehab sucks but you gotta walk (on crutches) before you can run. Be well.
                79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
                79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
                79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

Working...
                X