Now, where was I.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, where was I.....

Oh yeah, Succubus, no idle, screamer over 3,000 rpm blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, that's where I was.

So as those of you familiar with my trials with that biatch probably remember, She taunted me. She gave me a glimpse of the Promised Land, then yanked it back like the tantalizing trollop that she is. She still sits inthe garage, taken out for the occasional flash down country roads, but She mostly sits.

So, what was I going to do? I did what any sane individuals would do.

I bought three more. Yeah, three more XS11s. Three more chances for redemption, or three more chances for soul crushing humiliation, defeat and shame.

Well, one more really. It's a 1979 Standard - just like Succubus - that comes with two '79 Special parts bikes. From the three of them I expect to come up with one more complete runner.

Ladies and gentlemen (and the rest of you guys), I give you Incubus:

If anyone knows any good incantations or spells, please share them. I can hardly wait to dig into those infernal petcocks. I hate these petcocks. Already.

BTW, in the meantime I restored two other Honda CB750s and a VT1100 Shadow. They all run great.

Patrick
    Last edited by 81xsproject; 08-14-2009, 08:31 AM.
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Ken Talbot

Comment

Thanks, Ken.
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

I see that there is a re-cycle bin handy nearby too.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

That's not a recycling bin.....

You should see the other two. Give me a while.

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

Patrick!

Welcome back!
            and with a vengeance too...
            lol

Maybe NOW you can make a ride with us?

So where are the pics of the other two?
            (I know... I'm never satisfied... lol)
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

I would ride with you any time, Kat. It's just for the time being I would have to be on an old Shadow. Today I go on a search for spark.I suspect the carbs will be the greatest challeneg on this bike. It came with a much nicer tank that the PO bought but never got around to using, but the old tank weighs about 20 pounds. It appears to have been full when parked. No liquid left in there. I expect the carbs are the same.

Does that Yamaha carb dip - the stuff that doesn't hurt rubber - melt varnish?

Patrick

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

Working...
              X