Ford Explorer Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Explorer Warning Light

OK.. This came on today and no clue what it is. Fluids all look good. We just bought this a couple months ago and no manual came with it.

I thought maybe it was radiator. Fluid in the reservoir is good, but haven't actually checked the radiator since it was still hot.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Thats a tire pressure warning light.

If you have a low tire, even by 4-5 psi, fill it.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I was just coming back to say I found it. Thanks Ivan.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100

Comment

Had that happen on my sisters 4runner shortly after she bought it. I don't know how many times I checked the tire pressure before I thought to check the spare!!!
        This world needs more Christian, RedNeck, Cowboys!

1981 XS1100 Special for sale! $750!

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
          OK.. This came on today and no clue what it is. Fluids all look good. We just bought this a couple months ago and no manual came with it.

I thought maybe it was radiator. Fluid in the reservoir is good, but haven't actually checked the radiator since it was still hot.

Tod
          Ok, I will type this reel slow 'cause eye no U don't read so good., Check Gage light, make sure you brought the 12g and not the wimpy 410. The picture of the person with the strap around them means your dog is not tied down to the bed of the truck, in Oklahoma anyway. The pointy thing with the gas pump picture would indicate a milestone for you, almost a fuel tank, take a picture of it and save it, could be a long time before you see it this high up again (unless the sender takes a dump) The other pointy thing indicates the attitude of the SWMBO, looks like your safe for now. The partial picture with the numbers most likely indicate the number of brews in the garage fridge, from what I see, your in deep dodo in that department. Now the little light on with the arrow pointing to it indicates someone has borrowed (or stolen) one of the snow tires off the trailer. Now, I know the "check engine" light has not come on, yet. If it does does, it has nuthin to do with your engine, it simply means your wallet is going to get thinner. Another light may come on, "ABS". This usually means the conversation you are having with the person sitting shotgun is "All Bull Sheet". If you need anymore help with the new-fangled dash gauges and lights, just ask.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Methinks our dear Kioki hit the beer a little hard today.

My car is much better.. more idiot proof. It actually SAYS what the problem is.. not draw you kindergarten pics you have to try to figure out. They can say "Check Gage".. (even though it shoud say "Gauge") but "Low Tire" was obviously too tough. I guess it was easier for a pic than to have to reprint them for others' tyres... lol.

Tod

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
              Methinks our dear Kioki hit the beer a little hard today.

Tod
              Try again Tosh, that was dun wifout ANY brews. Gimme a nutter 45 minutes and I can come with more struff.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

and here I thought it meant...

that the cauldron was beginning to boil over...

but then... I enjoyed Keoki's answers MUCH more...

Tire pressure, eh? The Mom-mobile is still a dark ages vehicle, I guess... Don't have all the new fangled lights and such... maybe that's a good thing?
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

I think the explorers use speed sensor discrepancy to calculate the tire pressure. Sometimes it would take a while for it to figure out the tire has more air in it. There was a reset procedure in the owners manual, but I never met the ones that read it. I was just the tech that reset it in three seconds and collected my $20.

The high end vehicles like the Navigator actually had a sensor in the wheel as part of the valve stem. When those things got confused, it took a scan tool, and a ring shaped magnet. You had to put the vehicle in the proper mode with all tires inflated to the EXACT amount, and then put the magnet on the valve stem, and in the proper order. It was a real pain.
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                    I think the explorers use speed sensor discrepancy to calculate the tire pressure. Sometimes it would take a while for it to figure out the tire has more air in it. There was a reset procedure in the owners manual, but I never met the ones that read it. I was just the tech that reset it in three seconds and collected my $20.

The high end vehicles like the Navigator actually had a sensor in the wheel as part of the valve stem. When those things got confused, it took a scan tool, and a ring shaped magnet. You had to put the vehicle in the proper mode with all tires inflated to the EXACT amount, and then put the magnet on the valve stem, and in the proper order. It was a real pain.
                    No Offence, but that is just getting to high tech for me....ooorrr it might be a way for the dealers to make more money out of you
                    '81 XS1100R
                    4-2-1 exhaust Tranzac (Current)
                    Everything else stock (as far as I know)
                    Previous:
                    Honda scrambler horse( had to start somewhere)
                    Yamaha DT175
                    Yamaha XT250
                    Yamaha TT500
                    Suzuki DR250
                    Yamaha XVS1100
                    Honda 750/4 K (basket case, current)

Comment

Working...
                    X