Modified Windjammer Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Windjammer Pics

Does Anyone have any pics of their Windjammers modified with a chopped windshield ??? I have a 78E that I'm thinking of turning into a custom bagger..IE like a FLHR ( I know its a Harley ) But I kinda like the low custom bagger look...Stevo

windjammer

Sorry guys...Typo on the model ..I meant the flhx (the felix ) Just want some Ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by stevo66 View Post
      Does Anyone have any pics of their Windjammers modified with a chopped windshield ??? I have a 78E that I'm thinking of turning into a custom bagger..IE like a FLHR ( I know its a Harley ) But I kinda like the low custom bagger look...Stevo
      Steve, my windshield broke off about level with the fairing and hit me in the throat at 70 mph on the freeway while passing a truck. Does that count as chopped?

It worked okay and in a strange way it actually looked like it was made that way. I still had some wind protection but I put a tall windshield back on it. I'm thinking about getting a shorter/custom one for summer riding because I don't get enough air behind the tall windshield in the desert which is most of Southern California.

I have a picture of it somewhere....

Regards,

Scott
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

There was a tip, I think in the modifications section, about cutting down a windshield. The results were very nice.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I have shortened the shield on my Pacifico by 6-8 inches. Cut it off 3 times. I can see over it well (good for rain) and it feels better on hot days. Still have wind protection shoulders down. I tried it cut off level with the fairing. Rode 1.5 miles before deciding it was a bad idea. Windjammer might be less bad. I tried it with a piece of fiberboard in the slot. I could see over it, but the air flow just about pushed me off the bike. A laminar lip may be all I need to be real comfortable. Hope to try one soon.
          1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

modified windjammer

Found some pics of carolynS bike the "Witch" the 80g with a chopped windshield....Love that bike !!! I think I'm going to do something similar !! Thanks Guys !!!

Comment

Working...
            X