Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Commanders for fuel injection, any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Commanders for fuel injection, any thoughts?

Do any of you folks have any input on the Power Commander devices?

I guess I'm a bit late in asking since I already bought one along with the self adjusting device that goes with it (sold seperately).

A mechanic friend of mine, Mike, aka "Viper" suggested I purchase one for my Yamaha/Star Raider. Boy, those things aren't cheap!

I guess I find comfort in the fact that Mike doesn't get a commission in selling me one, he just suggested I buy one. So I took the $600 I recently got by selling my 1100SH and put it towards both devices which cost me approximately $550 total.

The saleman at the Yamaha dealership explained to me how it reads the fuel input and can calculate adjustments needed during hot days vs cold days, at sea level vs up in the mountains.

I was just hoping to hear that it was worth the money. I guess it could at least prolong the life of my engine.

I hope to have it installed later this week when I bring my bike in for an oil change.

Anyone...anyone?

Don
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Hey Don,
    I'm installing one today on my Victory Kingpin.
    I bought a PC III USB.I can down load and upload maps from my laptop.
    I can also alter the maps on the laptop or alter the fuel trim on the bike with the buttons on the power commander.
    Why did you need the other unit(adjusting device),is it for timing?
    I just installed a new exhaust and have an S&S airbox coming,that is why I am
    using the PCIII.
    Have you changed your bike from stock?Are you having tuning problems?
    Rick
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I bought the Power Commander on the advice of Mike/Viper. The guy knows a whole lot more about bikes than I ever will so I trust him. The dealership explained that the Power Commander would allow me or a mechanic to get readings and adjust as necessary. The second device I bought, I was told that it will make the adjustments on it's own as I ride along from possibly low altitude to a higher one, etc.

Don
      currently own;
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
      X