Good Camp sites in NE California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Camp sites in NE California?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had some good camp site recommendations for a trip I'm taking in mid September? Me and my swmbo will be camping at Lake Tahoe, Lassen National Park, and Yosemete National Park. If you guys have any reccomendations then I'd super appreciate it.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

At Lassen, camp in the park. I believe Manzanita Lake is the campground. It MAY get cold at all three sites, so have good sleeping bags! You should be able to get a site on the valley floor at Yosemite, and Tahoe has a few private as well as public camp grounds. CSAA should have a book that will list most of the sites, and prices.
    A good plan may be Yosemite, then up the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Range, 395, to Tahoe. From there you can take 89, I think it is, to Lassen. After Lassen, just scoot home I-5.
    Have a great trip, and don't miss Bumpass heII ! great bubbling mud springs.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

If you you want to camp in and around Tahoe the only stop I know is nearly in town. Believe it is on either on 50 or 89 south shore. I have only camped there once. If you want to back away from Tahoe a bit the ride up hiway 88 is one of my favorites, in a cage or on a bike. Sivler lake is about 30-45 minutes from the lake on 88 have a very nice camp grounds and beautiful views. Walk to the lake. Walk down the Silver fork of the American river. Just another really pretty ride over to Pickett's Junction, hang a left and a nice ride over the top into Tahoe... If you run up 395 or up 88, 50, or 80, 395 or 88 would be my favorites. 50 is very scenic but there can be a wad of trafic through there sometimes.

80 is a wad of people who like to go as fast as they can.

If you are hitting these places coming from the north you have to ride down 395 and go into the Yosemite park over Tioga pass.
      Last edited by latexeses; 08-07-2009, 04:43 PM.
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
      X