Hannigan Fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannigan Fairing

I removed this fairing from a 1980 1100 Midnight special I bought recently. I is a full length fairing with a stereo. It was installed on the bike by the original owner in 1987 at a cost of $995. I have the original brochure and sales invoice. It appears to be made for the 1100 Midnight only as it is gloss black with gold screw caps and a gold headlight rim and fits the contour of the engine. Has anyone seen another and does anyone have an interest in it as I am going to sell it? What's it worth? Send me your email for pics. I don't know how to post pics yet. Thanks

The trick to posting pics is...

1) setup an account with a 3rd party vendor... most here use Photobucket.com (free)

2) Load pics into an album you set up there.

3) Place your cursor arrow over the pic you want to send to your post here, a drop down box will appear below pic, move down to the last box , IMG Code, right click on it, choose select all, right click again, select copy, then open your thread post here and set cursor, right click again, choose Paste... and it will paste your pic here in your thread.

Hope to see many future pics.
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Would be nice to see it. I have plans to customize my Windjammer to make it suit the MNS with gold trim, so seeing yours might help.

Does it look anything like this one?

Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-06-2009, 02:48 PM.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

hanningan fairing

It looks alot like that but black and more of a scoop at the bottom. I will try and get some pics soon. I have many in my camera, just have to sit down and figure it out. Thanks , Don

Comment

CatonicBug,
          That is a Hannigan Sport Touring fairing on the white bike. I had one on my 1978 E. It was black but I had it painted to match the 78 E Macho Maroon.
          I have never seen one before on an XS.
          Mine made quite a hit at rally's and bike meets because it was so rare.
          The fellow who bought my bike was trying to change it back to stock but I do not know if he was sucessful in doing so.
          Don Hughes
          Ex-1978 E
          Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
          1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
          1990 Honda Goldwing
          Edmonton

Comment

And I thought a Windjammer was ugly....YMMV
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

hanningan fairing

Last edited by Ken Talbot; 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: added img links

Comment

What format is that photo? I can't seem to open it up.
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

right clicker

I was able to "open" the photo by right-clicking on it and then selecting "Open image in new tab." Took me to the photobucket album with the pics of the bike/fairing.

Sweet! If I wanted a fairing for my special this one would get high marks.

Comment

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...adon/?newest=1

It is good shape but the windshield is broken from it falling over in the driveway
                    Last edited by 650yamadon; 08-09-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 650yamadon View Post
                      http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...adon/?newest=1

It is good shape but the windshield is broken from it falling over in the driveway
                      hmmm that looks better than the white one..not so sure I'd put it on my bike...however I am now reconsidering a fairing for it...can the upper part be mounted without the lower part? Are you selling this??? Where could one find a replacement windshield for it?
                      Last edited by madmax-im; 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                        hmmm that looks better than the white one..not so sure I'd put it on my bike...however I am now reconsidering a fairing for it...can the upper part be mounted without the lower part? Are you selling this??? Where could one find a replacement windshield for it?
                        Couple other questions...without seeing a frontal view...is it for a round headlamp...or is the lamps already in it? How 'bout the frame mount bracket and wiring harness? Finally would this fit onto an '82 XJ1100?
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

hanningan fairing

I think the top part could be used by its self. I'm not sure about getting a new windshield, but I think Hanningan is still in business. The fairing also has a stereo and speakers or you can remove the stereo and replace it with a supplied compartment. It has it own headlight, wire harness and box to hold the wiring.http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...adon/?newest=1

Comment

Here is a replacement windshield. http://www.bikescreen.com/products.asp?cat=96&pg=32
                            http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Thanks Jeremy..it looks like the w/s is the STE model and is $159 ...not exacly cheap...BTW Hannigan is still in biz...their new fairings are going for $1500
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X