New 79 special, only 7,300 miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 79 special, only 7,300 miles!

Yup, I did it again. Just drove up to Long Island to pick up a bike for parts, washed it and now I can't let it go. so I stripped off all the extra goodies, listed them on ebay and now I'm doing an extreme cleaning and rebuilds on the brakes, carbs ect. With a little luck I'll get my $ back selling parts. Oh yeh 7,300 miles. He thanked me for buying it!
    I plan on going to stock, just like it came from the factory...with a corbin seat.
    pic at pickup

Now

I don't want to tell you what I paid. Lets say it was reasonable... I need a headlight and a fork cover, this one is pitted.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Hey xs11lover, nice bike its looking better. Did you get rid of that '78E yet? J/W... Do you have a Jardine 4-1 on your red bike in the back there? Ever lean over far enough to drag the pipe under the right peg? It happens to me often, I was wondering if anyone has this problem or a fox for it...? Im thinkin about doing a ceramic powder coating but it will get scraped off. dont want that... Thanks.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Now I know where that Vetter bag set and rack came off of! I wish I could scrape together the money for it. Good deal, that's for sure. Congrats, and have fun with your new project!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

I think a fox may protect the pipes but it would be messy. I think if you moved it up a little on the back mount it may work better.
        The 78 is still out there, I'm on the edge of parting it out. The fairing is off and sold. I may start next week. I'll be selling the parts I wouldn't use if I made another bobber like the orange one, first. Then I'll either make another bobber or finish the job parting it out. 12,000 miles from original owner. The 78 would need: carb cleaning, and a valve cover gasket and brake cleaning. It was on the road in 2007 with a brake rebuild but they are dragging now. Clean and polish and new paint if your a clean freak like me. On my bikes anyway.
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
        X