No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

I am new to the XS1100 community. I just inheritated my dad's 1980 XS1100G and I am currently trying to "bring her up to speed". I have very little knowldege of the XS11 but a life time to learn. I appreciate any help you can give me along my journey and your patience as I learn the lingo and about the XS11.

Pics coming soon...

Thanks,

Ben
    Last edited by bschaper; 08-03-2009, 07:59 AM.
    1980 XS1100G Std

Welcome aboard!

you've come to the right place
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Welcome to the forum! This is definitely the place for answers to your questions. If you don't already have one, you can get a manual from the link in my signature. Be sure to take your time, and READ like crazy on this site. Use the search tool and explore the tech tips, and you'll learn things you never thought you needed to know. Feel free to ask any question you might have about your bike, and you'll get answers, usually within the hour. This is a great site, with tons of REALLY great people.

Not sure how far Olathe is from Kansas City, but there are lots of folks in that area willing to help.
      Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome! I have updated my signature as suggested and have started reading the manual. As for Olathe, it is right outside Kansas City and considered by some to be a part of it. I'll have to look around for some close fellow enthusiast. I look forward the journey. Again, Thank you.

Ben
        1980 XS1100G Std

Comment

Awesome, another Kansas City (area) member. We have a fairly large group of us here now and like to get together whenever possible. Welcome to the site.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Ben. Take your time getting to know the bike and get the pictures when you can!

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
            X