X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provenance?

Originally posted by damon916 View Post
    Hi,
    New to the site. I answered a craigslist add the other day for a free bike. The son is going in the military and the mother wanted the bike gone. - - -
    Hi Damon and welcome,
    did soldier-boy agree to Momma giving his bike away? Does he even know it's gone?
    If not, I'd hate to be the guy he'll be looking for when he gets out of boot camp.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The soon to be soldier was there and helped me load it up. I should be safe on that account. He'll probably regret it when he gets older.
      1981 XS1100

Comment

Nice score damon916, looks clean, is it complete? Looks like it beats the heck out of the '79SF i just scored. Welcome to the forum and enjoy!
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

It's mostly complete. The side covers and tank are missing the badges. The grab bar is just not on it yet. I used to have an upholstery shop so I can redo the seat myself.
          1981 XS1100

Comment

I like that seat a lot Damon. If you ever go the rat, single seat route, I want first dibs!!!!!
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I used to have an upholstery shop so I can redo the seat myself.

You'll have a bunch of friends here!!!!
              RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Wow, Hell of a find!!!!

Welcome aboard

Deny
                1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

I've got filters, grips, and other essentials on order from bikebandit and have the carbs together. Should be able to try starting her up later this week. Very excited!
                  1981 XS1100

Comment

Working...
                  X