Source for custom SS lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for custom SS lines?

Now that Z1E no longer offers ss lines, does anyone know of a good source for custom SS lines?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

I have had really good service etc from Cyclebrakes.com. I am going to get more from them once I am ready with the newer bikes.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I had my OEM style brake lines fabricated at Royal Brass in San Jose. They also do SS brake lines, and there price is competitive.
      Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
      '07 FJR1300

Comment

Helusa.com makes nice ones. Not sure about flexibility for making custom ones though.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Someone pointed me this way yesterday. You even have color options.
          http://www.helusa.com/store/advanced...eywords=xs1100

and they make custom lines:
          http://www.helusa.com/
          Last edited by pinkelephant; 08-02-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Is there an echo in here?
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

If you're within driving distance of Portland, OR, Oil Filter Service will make them up for you while you wait. Take in your old lines and tell them to make ones like this but in SS and you'll get a set for under 100 bucks.

Another option is to go to almost any Harley dealer. They carry the lines in various lengths and all you have to do is choose the line and buy it with the screw on ends you need.

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Z1E still carries the lines, after all. I don't know that it is cheaper, though. 20 ish a line and 10 bucks for each end fitting...
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

There are sets for XS11 on eBay right now, $69.95 BIN. Anybody know if they're any good?
                  1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I just wish someone would sell a pre-fabbed set for the XJ! There are so many extra pieces and joints for the linked brake system, I bet it'd cost a fortune! Would be nice to be able to know what price I was looking at for future planning though...
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

I was just visiting the cyclebrakes.com site and I found they have some kits for XS 11's. The kits were about 130 bucks USD (for 3 line kits). The link here is a custom order form and shows the options available. They come with a variety of banjo fittings , colors, bolts, crush washers and such. I know I had my rear brake line on my 79SF custom ordered and it worked perfectly. They also carry everything from speed bleeders, rebuild kits, clutch parts, cables, and brake rotors for our bikes. When I ordered my last ones from them they were promptly shipped the next day and they phoned me to let me know the lines had been shipped. Great people and product.

http://cyclebrakes.com/08_Galfer_Custom_Line_Form.pdf
                      2-79 XS1100 SF
                      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

uninformed XJ noob question...

So what is/how does the XJ system work??
                        '96 Kawasaki ZX11, bought February 5, 2015

'79 Kawasaki LTD 1000, bought Oct 19,2010.....sold Sept 12, 2013

'81 XS11 Special, bought May 6, 2010.....sold Oct 19,2010

'79 XS 11 Special, bought July 3rd, 2008

'78 XS11 Standard, bought July 2, 2009.....sold Aug 25, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Schweer View Post
                          So what is/how does the XJ system work??
                          With the '81 XSLH (only one of the XS's like this) and the XJ, the rear Master Cylinder is connected to the rear caliper AND the front left caliper. The hand brake only controls the front right caliper.

Hoses are as follows:
                          from the rear MC to the Rear caliper
                          From the rear MC to a metal hose that runs under the fuel tank and connects to a union on the front forks
                          From the union to the left front caliper
                          From the front MC to the union
                          From the union to the front right caliper.

So, there are 5 total hoses!
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Every once in a while there are a couple of sellers from So Cal on fleabay that offer stainless lines. I contacted one of them about sending my old lines to them to be sure the bends a lenghts were correct and they said "No problem". Cost was around $89.00.

Not selling there right now. At least not under xs1100's search.
                            RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                            X