I am so depressed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so depressed....

I really want to ride again. I am sick of sitting here on the couch watching all the nice days go by. I think I am getting clinically depressed, and I can't have any more opiates.

Grrrrrr.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

I know it's a bummer... John went through the same thing during his recovery and I know some of the others here have too...
    Hopefully, you'll be up and about pretty soon...

Here's something I ran across... oldy but a goody...

Know any of them?

Riverdance
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

OMG....I have never seen that before, that is some really funny stuff right there!!!

Ivan, Sorry to hear your feellin the struggle. Look at it this way, your here to feel it. May not seem like alot of consolation right now, but could have been MUCH worse!! Rent the movie Wild Hogs....it will be almost like riding!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Depressed

Maybe I can design a "Virtual XS" .. You could ride it from your easy chair, bed, or the head.. You could do burnouts, wheelies and all the stupid stuff that we would never do for real. Easy on gas, never have to buy tires or work on it!! OMG
        78 XS1100E Standard
        Coca Cola Red
        Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

foreda,
          You stole my thoughts!! Fantasies sometimes work......
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I am doing better now.

The wife took me out to Arbys tonight and we drug main a while and made fun of all the Chrome Kings.

Comment

Like DGXSER said, could be worse. Just be glad that your still here to have your wife and kids wait on you hand and foot! You'll be back on a bike soon, not real soon but............ I'll keep your spot warm up in the front of the pack with Tod and Russ. This video will cheer you up if you like cats. http://www.boomclips.com/videos.aspx.../Funny_videos/
              http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Hang in there buddy, It gets better. It's six months since I came off and broke my leg, havent been back on the bike yet but I went skiing today. Almost as good as riding, almost, but it proved beyond a doubt that the legs healed and the moment the sun shines the bike comes out.

I found that throwing things at the cat relieved my depression.
                1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                  I really want to ride again. I am sick of sitting here on the couch watching all the nice days go by. I think I am getting clinically depressed, and I can't have any more opiates.

Grrrrrr.
                  Hey Ivan,

The newer anti-depressants are not Opiate based, like Prozac, or Welbutrin, so you might ask your doctor about something like that?

If you'll PM me your snail mail addy, I've got a DVD that I made a few years ago about a Rally I attended in Northern Ga that I'd be happy to burn a copy and send you. It has actual riding footage running the twisties in Deal's Gap and such, with a killer soundtrack as well.
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hang tough, Ivan! Many here are thinkin' about you, and pulling for ya every day! A lot of prayer has gone up for you, too.

(I know, cause I'm one of 'em who is!)

Not too much longer 'til Talihina... and even if you & the bike aren't fully healed by then, you & SWMBO can come in the cage, hang out, and tell tall tales w/ the rest of us!!

I can only imagine how bad it sucks right now...

Like everyone keeps telling me w/ my current situation... there will be life afterwards, (even though right now it doesn't seem like it.) We just gotta get there to see & claim it.

Keep your chin up... and just remember... in a couple of months you'll finally get to meet me in person... and THAT in itself should make it all worth it!

LOL HeHeHe....

Hang tough, Buddy!
                    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Hang in there young man!

You have a lot of miles ahead of you yet. Think of this a small breather, before getting back at it. Ask your doc. about the antidepressents that TopCat suggested. As Redgreen says, we are pulling for you, we are all in this together.
                      Jack
                      J.D."Jack" Smith
                      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                      1978E straight job
                      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Ask your doc. about the antidepressents that TopCat suggested.

And if not... Arrrrr... you'll be walkin' the plank with the good ol' Cap'n Morgan, matey!

Tod
                        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100
                        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Eh, I was talkin about opiates such as percocet and vicodin.

I have "borderline personality disorder" and "atypical depression" whic ultimately means that the chemical composition in my brain doesn't work like that of the "typical" person. Last time I took antidepressants I disarmed a sherrif's deputy and threatened to show him the short road to pergatory.

I saw a psychiatrist and he put me on xanax (another fine opiate) and told me not to worry so much about drinking heavily, since depressants actually help people in this condition. Go figure.

Whenever I am allowed back in the house, I'll pm you guys with my address. I would love to see the riding video. Seems the only stuff about bikes on TV is with Vtwin "customs" that all look like the same bike with different **** slapped on it, or its FIM and punk stunt fanboys. Nothing about actually riding and feeling the pull in the twisties.

Comment

Improving the odds

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                            I really want to ride again. I am sick of sitting here on the couch watching all the nice days go by. I think I am getting clinically depressed, and I can't have any more opiates. Grrrrrr.
                            Hi Ivan,
                            all you gotta do is lay there and wait for your body to mend itself.
                            Us poor bastards in Saskatchewan have to go bikeless from mid-October when the snow flies to mid April when it melts off the road again.
                            Every effin' year!
                            Can't afford to move to a better climate unless I win a lottery and that's ten times less likely than being struck by lightning.
                            (You may entertain yourself with a mental image of a fat old man dancing about on a bare hill in a thunderstorm waving a golf club at the sky and screaming "I want better odds, dammit!")
                            Get well soon, eh?
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                              You may entertain yourself with a mental image of a fat old man dancing about on a bare hill in a thunderstorm waving a golf club at the sky and screaming "I want better odds, dammit!"
                              lol
                              I don't know if it will work for Ivan... but I know it will keep me entertained for awhile...

Hope today is a good one for you Ivan
                              81 SH Something Special
                              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X