Triumph Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Rocket

I dont know if anyone has seen this. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc
    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
    Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
    Pod Filters
    DynoJet Kit
    T.C.'s Fuse Block
    Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
    Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
    V-Max Auto CCT

I want to work there since it looks like they have a sense of humor. I know a guy that has one of those and it is massive plus he is too, he's 350+ lbs. Can't picture him doing a wheelie on it.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

That was hillarious!
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

That is some funny chit... Especially like the bit about changing direction at a moments notice, proving some of it was serious!
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

I had one of those pull up next to me at a set of lights a little
          while ago, that thing left me for dead, it was very quiet and fast,
          i reckon if it had wings it would of fly.
          pete

new owner of
          08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
          1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
          zrx carbs
          18mm float height
          145 main jets
          38 pilots
          slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
          fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Rocket

That they are............almost a toss up for me as for that style of ride. The Rocket or the Valk, but would definitely ride either with a big permanate grin. First saw one 4 yrs. ago in Telluride, Co. Owner was a big ole' boy bout 300 and a short easy 6'5". Was from east coast and said this one was most likely the fartherest west as he had one of the first ones to hit from across the pond. Motor/tranny is part of the frame. Didn't downsize him though when he climbed aboard and at almost some 8,000ft.elev. had the go to back up its good looks and sound, trust me as I was on my Honda ST and was not even gonna show a sign of wanting to see what it REALLY had! Some time prior, had already read a bit about the Rocket and at some 2.4 liter+, and some quick 1320 times, was already aware of its wrath.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I almost didn't click on the link, but I'm glad I did! I especially liked the part about the embryo engines growing in the cabinet next to the photocopiers!
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

I like the "start by installing the center of gravity"
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

My friend bought the 2nd one & only that hit North America when they 1st came out. They had one in Canada & one in the states. The editor of Cycle World had the other one. He just walked into the dealer in Toronto & bought the bike, unknowing all the hoopla with it, he always had a Triumph & wanted another one, but a big one. He loaded it into his dirty mud caked dually pick-up & headed back to Manitoulin Island.(he did say the guys at the dealer were kind of turned off that he was not going to ride it out of the dealer & that he was from the country up north, they wanted it in the city to get more exposure, but hey he had the $$) He said he did get quite a gathering at a Tim Hortons just on the outside of Toronto as everyone was trying to figure out what it was. When we go on rides its great to see everyhead turn around when he fires it up - quite a deep throated grumble there is nothing else out there like it (he put headers on it) & no one (especially the harley dudes) can figure "what is that thing". Last year a sport bike passed us on the highway like nothing - he caught up to it in no time & the guy freaked out - its fun ridin' with him as you can tell. Oh I almost forgot that same summer he 1st got the bike the editor of Cycle World called him & wanted to buy his bike from him as he had a tumble with his & needed the other one for his write up etc. My buddy told him to basically get lost & it was not for sale & people say nothin happens in the county - Dan
                  '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                  1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                  Rebuilt head, valves
                  TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                  Tkat Fork Brace
                  T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                  Dyna Coils & wires
                  Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                  ISO grips with stelleto ends
                  4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                  Bridgestone Spitfires
                  Tuned by Tinman905
                  & a will to keep it.

Comment

I needed a good laugh, Thanks!

Deny
                    1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                    1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Brit humor

That dry Brit sense of humor gets me everytime.
                      I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Love it

It's because of the Rocket that I have Thunderpig and his siblings. The PO had bought a Triumph and his intended told him to clean out the garage before the wedding. Thanks to the Rocket, his sweetie, and craigslist I now own three of these beasts.
                        Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
                        1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
                        1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

If you listen to some of the other videos that thing sounds like an Allison or Merlin airplane engines. Anyone else hear it? Not under the hard acceleration but the slow even starts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MizRC...eature=related
                          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Now that's an idea. A scoot with a V12. Probably just have to use one out of a Jag, since the Merlin might be just a tad overpowered. Then we'll see what the Tomahawk really has.
                            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                            X