Any XSers near the Coachella Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any XSers near the Coachella Valley?

I finally have my 79 Special running well enough so that I can cruise around with it. Any folks nearby that know a thing or two about these bikes or ride them out here? Thanks.

Local Riders

Hey Palm Springs XS,,,,there is a bunch of us here in So Cal,,,,a few in San Diego and more in L.A. We dont ride much to Palm Springs,,,too Da@@ Hot this time of year. But if you feel like riding out to North County San Diego, let us know. We have a bunch of guys very experienced with the subtle workings of keeping these great bikes running. Some of the local members are Garth, Eagletom, 3Phase, Planedick, Soccer4m, SD Mike, Reffi, and others my old brain forgot. Soon as the weather gets cooler,,,,fall, we could set up a ride to your area or just contact us and we are available here in North County S.D. 3Phase and Planedick are geniuses with these bikes with hard won knowledge in all aspects of the xs1100's. Talk to you soon,,,,Mike in Valley Center
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Escape from Bartertown...

As soon as I find my '79 Special reliable, I plan on riding somewhere oceany. Out here in the desert, any shop thinks you are insane for riding anything non v-twin or older than 10 years. I presume I have a good tune going with about 33mpg, but I have never experienced the "pull" that members here speak of on these bikes. I finally found a shop about a 100 miles away that'd sync my carbs (120 bucks) and it idles better than ever, but I still only use it to avoid putting the miles on my 68 Cutlass.

Comment

oceany

Hey PalmspringsXS,,,,save your money,,,a bunch of us here have the synch tool for the carbs. It takes about 10 minutes to do. We can show you, and just do it so you can see how easy it is. Also, if you put in the Iridium plugs your bike should be good to go for at least 20,000 more miles before plug replacement. They also give the bike a little more spunk. See you, Mike in N. County S.Diego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

Working...
        X