choke on a yamaha Xs100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke on a yamaha Xs100

think i may have posted this already but not sure! Sorry if i have! Can anyone help me looking at buying a yamaha Xs100 and went to look at one last night and the guy who was selling it said that it didnt have one the bike is 1979 model. thanks kev

Unless the bike has different carbs that what came from the factory, the 79 should have a lever on the left side of the carbs (left as you sit on the machine) that pulls a rod out on all 4 carbs activating the enrichening circuits. If there is no lever or rod then you are missing some parts.

In a way the owner is right in that the XS1100 does not have a choke since the device does not close the airway through the carbs. It is more of an enrichener in that it adds more fuel on starting to acomplish the same end result.
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

yamamaha Xs100

thanks mate that was really helpful, moved here from the uk 18months ago and had never heard of this bike really like the style and was a really nice ride!

Thanks again Kev

Comment

Assuming you mean the XS1100, not an xs100? Since both your posts listed it as an XS100, I just wanted to be sure.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X