Just back from arkansas ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from arkansas ride

I know its not a 1100 but I hauled my xs500 to arkansas and rode for 2 days. Loved every minute of it. Arkansas has some of the best roads. I like to take the xs500 because it is light and easy to load. Also it can be riden on dirt roads easily. Had a great time. Cant wait to go back. Might take the xj next time and just stay on the paved roads.

ed

trip

51 people have read this and no responses. Whats the deal? Wheres the love? LOL

ed

Comment

Arkansas ride

My sis and bro in law live in Morrilton. I used to ride there from WI every July 4. They are big golf nuts, and always had a family reunion then, and a BIG golf tournament. I spent many hours riding there. Ever been to Petite Jean mountain? The Ozarks are wonderful riding. Eureka Springs and that area are very scenic.
      put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
      79 F (Blueballs)
      79 SF (Redbutt)
      81 LH (organ donor)
      79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
      76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
      rover has spoken

Comment

never ridden there but it looks like lotsa good smooth road at least looking at it while driving I 40
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I just wonder why you would trailer it instead of riding there. I think I've been in Arkansas a couple times but I don't remember there being anything there worth remembering. Maybe I just didn't have the right tour guide...
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

trip

Reason for trailering the bike is me and my wife were going down because her mom hasnt been feeling well. Rained all the way down. I've taken lots of bike trips but not gonna do them on a 75 xs500. I think arkansas has some of the best roads around. If you cant find anything you like about the roads and the scenery you are not going to the right areas.

ed

Comment

Hey Cbug. I will guaran..ass...tee ya there is a lot more going on in Arkansas than there is here so far as twisties and such goes. I had the good fortune to visit that state a yr or so ago and while we live in the best place in the world there is a lot to be said for the roads there. Here, I can travel 200 miles in a more or less straight line. There obviously is a lot more than that here but the roads suck unless we go west into the mountains.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

The best ride I EVER had was highway 9 is Arkansas!!!!! I was in the Army, going to North Carolina. I rode through the country, with a young guy on a KZ350 trying to keep up with me on my 650 XS1B. One of the greatest ride I have EVER been on!!!!
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

rides

Yeah I have been on some great rides here local in kansas and missouri but I really enjoy arkansas riding. Tons of curves even on the little 500 lots of fun. Lots of curves and very little traffic at least where I was. Arkansas is till one of my favorite riding spots. But their are beautiful roads in lots of places. I enjoy riding on the little 2 lane roads riding into little towns. Most of them are forgotten and have little more then a post office. Bypassed by interstates long ago. I guess one of the things that makes it even better is that my grand parents were from there so it holds lots of good memories for me.

ed

ed

Comment

Working...
                  X