New toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toys

Best buddy Waynne just rolled up from NJ with a 81 XJ 750 and an 81 XS 400 in the back of his truck. He only paid $700 for the pair of them! They both "run" but need the usual going thru to make them street worthy. I rode the 400 around the block yesterday and all it really needs is a carb clean and sync and maybe points and timing adjusted. That and a lot of rubbing on the chrome. Its been a long time since I've ridden anything that wasn't an in-line 4. The vibration reminded me why. The 750 dose run but the normal fuel running out of the air box is present. Fuse box was also a mess from corrosion and all the connections need to be cleaned and sealed. Both bikes are really in unmolested condition and are complete. That is with the exception of the 400. Its missing its front fender. Anyone have one they'd like to sell? So its going to be a fun July getting these 2 ready. The 400 is for Waynne's son in law. He's never ridden in his life but wants to join the pack. The 750 is low mileage and will take some of the pressure off of Waynne's XS 750 which is almost to pretty to risk on the road. I'll post some pictures later today.
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
    Best buddy Waynne just rolled up from NJ with a 81 XJ 750 and an 81 XS 400 in the back of his truck. He only paid $700 for the pair of them! They both "run" but need the usual going thru to make them street worthy. I rode the 400 around the block yesterday and all it really needs is a carb clean and sync and maybe points and timing adjusted. That and a lot of rubbing on the chrome. Its been a long time since I've ridden anything that wasn't an in-line 4. The vibration reminded me why. The 750 dose run but the normal fuel running out of the air box is present. Fuse box was also a mess from corrosion and all the connections need to be cleaned and sealed. Both bikes are really in unmolested condition and are complete. That is with the exception of the 400. Its missing its front fender. Anyone have one they'd like to sell? So its going to be a fun July getting these 2 ready. The 400 is for Waynne's son in law. He's never ridden in his life but wants to join the pack. The 750 is low mileage and will take some of the pressure off of Waynne's XS 750 which is almost to pretty to risk on the road. I'll post some pictures later today.
    That 400 doesn't have points, so unless the ignition assy has been removed/messed with it should be good in that area. You will likely have a good bit of work to do on the carbs, but once you get that done it should be pretty good especially as a first bike for a new rider. I know that I still enjoy mine even though I seldom ride it anymore.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
    X