Contest!!!! Ch11 members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest!!!! Ch11 members

We're looking for the best XS 11 story.Tell us your story of how you came to own,fell in love with,rescued or bought and restored your XS or XJ. Post your stories on the (LOTS OF NEW MEMBERS !!!)thread in the members lounge.Stories can be posted until midnight July 15th PDT.I'll pick what I think are the best five stories.(threats and intimidation will not be tolerated but bribes will be considered)ha.The top five stories will be posted on a poll thread and any one who wants to can vote for their favorite story.Voting will end at midnight July 22 PDT.First place is a $75.00 gift certificate at Mikes XS.Post any questions about the contest or rules on this thread.But post the stories on the LOTS OF NEW MEMBERS !!! thread.Have fun and good luck. Terry

Lots of New Members post
    Last edited by Wildkat; 07-02-2009, 06:06 AM. Reason: Added link
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Cool idea, Terry!
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Excellent!

I agree...
      Great idea!
      and thanks for doing this!
      should be interesting...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Many great stories so far.But I know some are just being shy.No one is going to make fun or tease you about your story.The story thread is safe.I got WildKats approval to post this thread and if anyone gets out of line they will have to deal with her!!Keep posting those stories Terry.

P.S.Yes I know I'm home.I was supposed to be on a ride but no 3 carb diaphragm tore and I couldn't get one here before weekend.I'm stuck here in the rear with the gear.Lousy job for a marine.
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Great idea, yes, but many of us just don't have cool, entertaining, or otherwise competition-worthy stories to share. Mine is very plain and un-entertaining, so there is no point in presenting it for consideration, IMHO.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

OK gang only 3 days left to post those XS and XJ stories and get in on the competition!There's lots of great stories so far, it's going to be hard to narrow it down to the five best.Slight change of plans Mikes XS doesn't sell gift certificates so we might have to go with a prepaid visa card or something along that line for the winner.Terry
            1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Working...
            X