It was Showroom looking NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was Showroom looking NEW

This past weekend there were some AMA motorcycle races @ the state fairgrounds in DuQuoin IL. I live about 30 miles east of there, while driving out West Main St, I saw it, It was SHOWROOM NEW LOOKING and drew lots of attention. A 1980 Yamaha XS 1100 G. Man it was sharp. I had to get a closer look. I whipped into KFC for a look. I sat in the truck and stared for what seemed like an hour. I went inside and looked around for the owner and talked to him for a bit. He told me he had bought the bike 5 years ago and it only had 1,600 miles on it. He has since put 30,000 miles on it riding it to races and suck all over the south and midwest. I asked him if he had heard of our little web site and he said he had but wasnt a regualr visitor. I congradulated him on such a fine machine. He rode it up from Memphis Tenn. ( thats a 5 hr ride to me) and said his seat sat great. Its stock... go figure as he is a man of my size (xl) As I drove away I had to look again and could hardly see it from the others looking at the "OLD BIKE ".
    wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

It would have been nice if you had a camera with you. Then we all could see.
    97 Vmax, 88 Corvette convertible, 82 XJ100 gone to a new owner (sellers remorse is a horible thing)

Comment

Working...
    X