Is it just me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me.....

Or are some kids asking to get mamed. Last evening we were driving down a 50 MPH road and a guy pulls up beside with a kid about 12-15 on the back. The kid has his left foot dragging the pavement.

Never mind the burning of the leg on the pipe that is to be expected. To me, the kid is asking to snap a bone, if the driver has to turn left for any unexpected reason, the ankle or the knee will be in big trouble IMO. Of course, the driver is probably clueless to this going on.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

AHHH.........it was probably the same kid that rides his Yamaha 4 stroke 450cc dirt bike down our road on one wheel at about 50 mph for about 1/4 mile!
    The kid was probably giving the driver lessons and was nervous, and so he had his feet ready! Or riding with Dad while dragging his feet to show off to his skater friends how much rubber he's worn off his van's!

And no I don't think it's just you!
    Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
      Is it just me..... Or are some kids asking to get mamed.
      Apparently, it isn't just you...
      (but why on earth are you even asking to get maimed in the first place?)

Just makes you want to push them over at the next stop... doesn't it?
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

They are probably just new to the bike world. And no one explained to them that the pegs in the back fold down.
        Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
        87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
        93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
        71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
        69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Yes Kat, I knew I had spelled it wrong, but at 3 AM I did not care. I had planned to speak to them at the upcoming stop light, but it was green and they went through straight and we were turning.

CCogs, if only it were that innocent. His right leg was on the peg, and the left peg was down and in use now and then. He just spent 70% of the time dragging his heel and toes on the ground. I just kept watching for the bike to lean over left and his leg to look like Joe Nameth's if he was not pulled off the bike and ran over by the car behind them.

Hard to blame the driver as he most likely had no idea what was happening. I guaranttee you (if SWMBO ever lets them on with me) if my kids ride I will keep an eye on that every so often now. And since they were in the car with me, they heard about it!

Ahhhhhhhhh.......It just dawned on me the double meaning you pulled out of that Kat!! Man am I sloooowwwww today!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

It's all right DGXSER. It's Monday. Were all entitled to be slow today. We'll let this one slide. But now tomorrow is a different story.
            Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
            87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
            93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
            71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
            69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Working...
            X