Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• album help

hey out there in xsland.
    when trying to add more than1 image to my album i keep getting "disc quota full " 1mb.

anybody that can put me on the right track would be appreciated.

thanks
    xseddy

year round heaven in cal

79SF All stock Red
    79SF Parts beast
    75 Honda 750 SuperSport

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...=xseddy004.jpg

You have very limited space available for storing photos here at the forum. You can get more on by keeping file size down, and keeping them to 640x480. Beyond that, you'll want to sign up for a free account at photobucket.com or one of the other free services. photobucket.com is one of the few that will allow you to hot-link your images directly to a note here at the forum.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

album help

thanks.ill try to downsize.
      i am already on photobucket and thats how i got the one image in my profile.
      Ill go back to that and try after downsizing and see what happens.

xseddy

79SF All stock Red
      79SF Parts beast
      75 Honda 750 SuperSport

Comment

I have also discovered that it's possible to upload an image that exceeds your quota and it's not getting resized properly.

Problem is, it writes it to the server in a way that limits my acecss to it. I've been trying to figure out a way to get around it so I can get it fixed.

Hopefully soon I will just be able to update the site and move the gallery into the forums, where these sorts of things will be accomplished automatically.

Ah, one can dream.....
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

album help

thanks. I can not find downsize option on photobucket.
          Ill keep trying some other ideas . At least I got one good one on my album.

xseddy
          79 special
          Cherry Bomb

79SF All stock Red
          79SF Parts beast
          75 Honda 750 SuperSport

Comment

Hey Eddy,

There is an option when you upload photos to photobucket, picking the size you want it to show, like 640x480 or such, but I don't know what the final file size ends up being?

If you are using a fairly modern quality digital camera, with 6 or more megapixels resolution, then even at a jpg file format, it's rather large, like 2500 x 1800 or so, and so it's still very big in kilobyte file size.

You have Windows, so you have the PAINT program to use for downsizing. Open the image in Paint, then you can check the ATTRIBUTES which will tell you what the pixel dimensions are. IF it's close to 2500 wide, then using the Stretch and Skew function, select 25% in both width and height, and it will then resize it down to 625 wide, etc.! Save AS, select JPG, and you'll have the resized file you're looking for. IF it's larger than 2500, then use calculator to determine what percentage to select to get close to 640 wide!
            HTH!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

album help

Thanks T.C.

Ill give it a try and let you know how it comes out.
              My digital camera is a pretty good one so there may be some other options on the settings as well.

XSEddy

79SF All stock Red
              79SF Parts beast
              75 Honda 750 SuperSport

Comment

If you have microsoft office on your computer, it also has a "workable" photo program. I use the resize option, and check the box that says to keep dimensions. I can shrink down VERY small, and not loose much in quality.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                X