Possable Rally Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possable Rally Site!

My stepson just got married. The only family rep on the Brides side of the family was her brother and his SWMBO who live in the Clear Lake area north of Napa County in California. She apparently has some Harley biker friends, and both seem to be very simpatico. They live on 3 acres some where around Clear Lake.
    When I introduced myself at the wedding they were very friendly. I mentioned an interest in exploring the area, and they were very supportive. “Hey, you have family here now,” they said.
    “Cool” said I. “When I come to visit I may arrive with about a dozen bikers.”
    “That’s cool,” they replied, “We have 3 acres of land you can camp on.”
    So, I’m posing this as a possible rally site. Ray and I should probably ride up some weekend to say “hi” before descending on them “en mass,” but what do you think? Maybe in the fall?
    Special Ed
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

I've been looking for an opportunity to ride that area Ed. You got my attention. I've heard the routes from Ukiah to the coast are awesome.
    matt
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

my old neck of the woods

I went to hi school in ukiah and spent a lot of time in clear lake as a kid if you go to the lake bring your fishing gear, its one of the best bass fishing spots in the US not to mention killer back roads travel
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

I know that area has some awesome roads, although I have not taken anything but a cage through there yet, but it's certainly within riding range for me once I get my engine swap done (stupid knock has not gotten any louder that I can tell in almost 3k miles, but I'm still nervous).
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Don't we have a couple of members up there? 650Mike? I understand that that area is great riding country.
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

On the other hand, that's another 200+ miles for the San Diego/LA guys.
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

On the other hand, that's another 200+ miles for the San Diego/LA guys.
              Yeah, but we MIGHT be able to have some of the PNW riders make it down, it's 200 miles CLOSER for them. JAT
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

“Don't we have a couple of members up there? 650Mike?”

Yeah, I was thinking there was another rider besides 650Mike, but it would be great to meet him. I haven’t seen him post in a while.
                I’m jazzed about having this connection. I’ve been curious about this area for years. I’ve ridden, driven and hitched on both sides of it several times over the years. The land between PCH and I5 North of Napa Co. has always been an attractive mystery to me.
                I’m sure Ray would like to ride up with me some weekend to meet my new in-laws. I’m glad to see there is interest. I’ll work on it!
                Special Ed
                Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
                X