Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor kids

Man I am so pissed off.

We just coughed up 13 grand worth of financing to get the windows replaced in our house. We are hoping that they will put some value into it, as houses that get snow on the inside don't generally sell well. Not that we are planning on selling it, but cold just bugs me.

Today, my wife sends me a picture of one of the basement windows. Its broke with a pellet gun hole smack in the middle of the break. This isnt one of the new windos, but it still chaps my azz.

Now, due to complaining neighbors, we have one of our dogs on a cable run that keeps her restrained, yet gives her room to run a bit. Both our dogs are cocker spainiels. Neither one have ever bit anyone, or acted like they would. the problem is, that window is where she likes to lay to keep cool.

Tonight, if the wife will let me, I am going to shake some kids down. I'll bet I get lied to, but I will put the fear of all things holy into their little snot nose azzes.

Grrrrrrrrrr
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Can you call the police? It's obvious that someone shot at your house, and that would be a vandalism call, at least. Don't know how the cops are in your area though. It might not do any good.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Hi Ivan,
      there's only two ways to not be pestered by your neighbors' kids.
      Have kids of your own who are meaner and nastier than the neighbors' kids
      or live way out in the sticks and not have any neighbors.
      Then there's those high-end gated neighborhoods with patrols of Gestapo-nasty guards but what with the dogs and the bike they wouldn't let you in either.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I do have kids that are mean and nasty. I just so happens the neighbor kids think its all in fun. The neighborhood is usually just a big brawl in the street time I get home.

Also, I do live in the sticks. It used to be us and a bunch of old ladies. But they died and new people moved in. Now we have 20+ kids on our street. Its cool to have the kids there, and I dont mind the pellet guns either, but there are cans and bottles to shoot at, not pets and houses.

Oh, and my kids already are the "usual suspects". I have to go say "Sorry your dog is neon green" or "sorry my son stuffed that cat in your mail box." I guess I have it coming, but I always make my kids settle up and make it right. The neighbors won't. They will blame it on me or my kids. They are all that way.

Calling the police will probably end up with me getting tossed in the cage for a night or two. The guy that always comes out has a history with me. We dont like each other a bit, and apparently telling a guy with a badge to go $%^& himself is worth talking to a judge about. Usually the judge doesnt see things like I do. SO the Sherriff will be a regression from the current state.

I imagine I am going to end up shutting my mouth and buying some new glass, and moving the dog run. I want to get a fence, but am about five grand shy.

Comment

My neighbors kid came in my garage and put hand cream on my bikes exhaust and on some of my tools WTF?????? i caught him and just cant figure it out why. use to come help me in the garage all the time kids are strange well kids these days are in my day whe would have are ass kicked in a big way we would never forget I think it should go back that way. Nothing like beating a kid lol
          http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ossjughead View Post
            My neighbors kid came in my garage and put hand cream on my bikes exhaust and on some of my tools WTF?????? i caught him and just cant figure it out why. use to come help me in the garage all the time kids are strange well kids these days are in my day whe would have are ass kicked in a big way we would never forget I think it should go back that way. Nothing like beating a kid lol
            I am all for corporal punnishment, but it has to come from the parents. Unfortunately, today's parents don't care, and would sooner encourage their kid to shoot your dog than punnish them for it. It's all about respect, and today's society has just about lost all of it. There is a Bosnian family on my street that moved in about 3 years ago. They treat their own mother like she doesn't exist, and the mother lets them get away with it! It took until they joined my church, and I became the Sunday School teacher for the 2 youngest boys before they started to show any respect to me. They still act out, but at least now I get apologies from them.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Corporal punishment works for some kids. Some kids just feel victimized, some just sluff it off. They are all different. Even my own kids. Some respond well to spanking, one will laugh about it and some just implode and have a pitty party.

I have found that punishment isnt the answer. Discipline is. Discipline is focused on a learned lesson, not just making sure the kid doesnt do it again. The problem is to be effective, you have to know the child well enough to hit them where it hurts. Wether it is taking away a cell phone or simply saying ""I couldn't be more dissapointed with you right now." Then it is critical to start guiding them to the lesson, and letting them learn it. I dont know how many times we just left a good meal sitting on the table at a resturant because a kid wouldnt be quiet. Many late nights supervising the finishing of laundry until 2 AM, so they KNOW I will find out.

Unfortunately, I don't know the neighbor kids that well. To them I am just the guy that rides the old motorcycle. I have nothing on them, so it is hard to teach them respect. If I find out which one has done it, then I will get sly and catch them when they aren't looking. My wife already has put a bug in my boy's ear that I really need to know who it was so I can give back the pellet.

Comment

i think the thing that would really get to me was the fact that if that window is where the dog usually sleeps, and the neighbors have already told you to restrain your dog to a dog run (or fence when you get it) there is probably a distinct possibility that one of your adult neighbors did it because they don't like your dog. but, then again kids are the cruelest of creatures on earth. one way or another i think that you would be totally justified with exacting revenge on the little bugger that did it (child or adult). good luck with your gumshoeing to figure it out.
                Whoever coined the phrase livin' the dream forgot to mention whether it was a good dream or bad dream.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"
                75,000 miles and still goin strong.

Comment

The dog that likes to run off is always restrained, save for when she gets away from us, then we do our best to get her back ASAP.

The other dog pretty much just lays on the porch all day. Some times he goes and sniffs around other peolpes yard, but then returns to his porch. He is just one of dozens of free running dogs in the neighborhood.

If he got peppered while on someone else's yard, ok. It would be nice if they would have talked to me first, but they do have the right to protect themselves from a "viscious" lazy 12 pound cocker spaniel. They DO NOT under any circumstance have the right to shoot anything on my property. There is really no excuse. If it was an adult, then a simple azz whoopin will sort things out nicely. That would be too easy, and nothing in my life is ever easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                    My wife already has put a bug in my boy's ear that I really need to know who it was so I can give back the pellet.
                    Make sure it goes back with interest!
                    1980 XS11SG
                    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

One Halloween back around 2003, I thought it would be fun to camo out to wait in the bushes to hand out candy.

I was in the bushes around 10 p.m. when a group of teens pulled up in two cars. One got out and threw an egg that landed right next to my car and skidded up to my front door.

I ran out and sprinted towards the teens. "Oh Sh@t!" I heard one of them say. I blocked off one car's escape and simply made it clear to them that this was not the place to be pulling that crap.

Some 6'02", 235 lbs freak running out of the bushes sure got their attention.

Don
                      currently own;
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

put on good pair of boots, steel cap will do. get hold of snotter responsible. drive boot right between ass cheeks, repeat as necessary. when snotter sooks to mom, deny everything, challenge snotter to produce evidence. ha ha. not likely.

Comment

Working...
                        X