Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An old friend said farewell today... (OK, screamed more like it) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old friend said farewell today... (OK, screamed more like it) :)

Well, the day finally came. The 1978 XS left my garage. Some of you will remember all the stuff I had to sort out to get it on the road after years of neglect and I thank you all for all the support I recieved from you.
    I just could not find the time to give the bike some much needed attention.
    But on the upside... my friend took the bike. I know it will be well looked after and it is definetly going to a good home. Better than I could provide.
    In any case, I think the xs11.com will get a new member. I hope you will provide him with all the info and know-how as you did to me. It definetly needs some stuff sorted, but no biggie to get it back to road-worthy condition.
    Now for the downside... I have no intention of leaving you guys alone. There is still the 1979 XS 1.1 (eu standard) in the garage and it needs a 2nd gear fix.
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Hi Strom,
    Glad to hear you will be staying on the best forum on the web. I have finally bought a XS11 after years of riding my 650 Maxim and visiting this forum. I have a Trans Canada Model which I think will turn out to be built from Unobtainium. oh well all part of teh adventure.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Heya Phil...

Gratz on the 11!
      I am not as active on forums and interweb as I used to be. Got some RL stuff to work out, but the 79 will be part of that stuff... I hope
      Meanwhile if n1 from europe has a spare blinker relay thingie and the turn signal canceling unit, I think my friend could use them. At the moment he is missing the canceling unit and the other thingie is not original. It came with my 79 and it was somewhat rewired when I got it, so it actually worked... I know there was a ground connection made to one of the 3 connectors, just cant remember which one...

Comment

Kind of like watching your kid get married...

You're not losing a bike... you're gaining another XSive...

A fair trade... especially when you still have one in the garage...
        bike that is... unless you keep spare XSives there too...

81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Well, the other XS in the garage still has some company... I have a guzzi california ev that I prefer to ride anyway. But XS is fun for an odd barely legal blast around the country.

Comment

Working...
          X